Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New Orleans - The Final Solution (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Orleans - The Final Solution
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Bad name. We should really call this thread The City of New Orleans.
Pedro
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, Bernd, the Excelsior modifications have been discussed, but not really well documented in one spot (I tried on my Excelsior page, but I get a little lazy when it comes to text). Let me know, I'd be happy to work on either with you.
IP: Logged
Pedro
Ex-Member

I think you're right about the extended nacelles, though I was doubtful at first. The AMT 1701D model's nacelles taper slightly toward the front, which would make it difficult to splice them together to extend the nacelle. However, you can see in figure 5 that there is some "chunkyness" at the splice point, which would indicate the construction method you refer to. Sharp eyes, as usual.
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I'm credited. My e-mail is [email protected] for the site.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm honored to be listed as a contributor, though I feel like the only thing I really did was argue with TSN and post Guthrie lyrics.

------------------
"Should have changed that stupid lock. Should have thrown away the key. No no, not I, I will survive, right down here on my knees."
--
They Might Be Giants

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pedro: Apart from your site, I would have to steal some reference material here:
http://www.ao.net/~chas_art/sbg/ref_excelsior/ref_excelsior.html
They have already worked out many details.

I'll you tell if I'm going to care for the Excelsior.

The nacelle taper is an obstacle to put together two pieces, and I think the whole rear end was made even with putty.

Sol: I am sure we all have appreciated your contribution.

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Tone-deaf singing voice on*

There is a house in New Orleans
They call "The Rising Sun"...

Congrats, Bernd. Very comprehensive.
I never thought about the pods being freaking highlighter markers before.
Loved it.

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Pedro
Ex-Member

Hmmm, looking at Charles Adam's site (forgot about that one!), I noticed that the original Excelsior model must have been modified yet another time during it's stint as NCC-2000. One of the bridge closeup pictures shows the Enterprise-B type 'ridges' around the bridge module, which were not present when the model was first modified. Hmmm, I wonder when they did that....
Pedro
Ex-Member

Nope, I take that back. Charles told me that the picture in question was actually grabbed from a pic of the 1701-B, since he didn't have any good Excelsior bridge shots.
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

I see. You think a more comprehensive treatise is necessary? I would prefer to care about the Ambassador next, there is reference material, but I didn't find any text about it, except for few hints at Roger Sorensen's site and the IDIC page.
Pedro
Ex-Member

Ambassador's good with me, though a bit more difficult because of some of the very subtle changes to the model (things like moving the dorsal forward a few inches). I certainly think a proper analysis is desperately needed. I do have some new pictures that should help...
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

I think I will have a look at the material I have and open a new thread about it.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps