Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Constitution Class history (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Constitution Class history
Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW does anyone have all the names thats supose to be on the list?????

Does anyone else see that the Spelling saing RuRa Pentis???? or is that hiw its spelled lol

Never Mind i found it
Ahwahnee, U.S.S.
NCC-2048
Challenger, U.S.S.
NCC-2032
Constellation, U.S.S.
NCC-1974
Eagle, U.S.S.
NCC-956
Constitution
Emden, U.S.S.
NCC-1856
Endeavour, U.S.S.
NCC-1895
Enterprise, U.S.S.
[formerly U.S.S. Yorktown]
NCC-1701-A
Excelsior, U.S.S.
NCC-2000
Helin, U.S.S.
NCC-1692
Intrepid, U.S.S.
John Muir, U.S.S.
NCC-1732
Kongo, U.S.S.
NCC-1710
Korolev, U.S.S.
NCC-2014
Lantree, U.S.S.
NCC-1837
Oberth, U.S.S.
NCC-602
Potemkin, U.S.S.
NCC-1657
Republic, U.S.S.
NCC-1371
Scovil, U.S.S.
NCC-1598
Springfield, U.S.S.
NCC-1963
Whorfin, U.S.S.
NCC-1024
This is from MMM's list

I dont see how all these ships are showed on thos one set of charts

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'double post'
newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went through the Mighty Monkey of Mim's website and compiled a list of starships involved in the Operation: Retrieve mission.

Ships considered were:

U.S.S. AHWAHNEE NCC-2048

U.S.S. CHALLENGER NCC-2032

U.S.S. EAGLE NCC-956

U.S.S. ENDEAVOUR NCC-1895

U.S.S. SCOVIL NCC-1598

U.S.S. SPRINGFIELD NCC-1963

I think these silhouttes represent both the class and size of a starship. For instance, we know that an Excelsior-Class starship is larger than a Constitution-Class starship.

My speculation is this:
There are two Excelsiors-the U.S.S. AHWAHNEE , the U.S.S. CHALLENGER
There are two Constitutions-the U.S.S. EAGLE , the U.S.S. ENDEAVOUR
There are two Oberths-the U.S.S. SCOVIL , the U.S.S. SPRINGFIELD

I don't think there are no new classes on the chart.

Listed below are ships from FJ Manual and official Paramount sources.

NCC-1764 U.S.S. GALINA (in FJ Manual); U.S.S. DEFIANT (in offiicial sources)

NCC-1837 U.S.S. MIRFAK (in FJ Manual); U.S.S. LANTREE (in official sources)

NCC-3890 U.S.S. LOCKYER (in FJ Manual); U.S.S. GETTYSBURG (in official sources)

NCC-501 U.S.S. JENGHIZ (in FJ Manual); U.S.S. ANTARES (in official sources)

NCC-602 U.S.S. ARIES (in FJ Manual); U.S.S. OBERTH (in official sources)

NCC-623 U.S.S. AQUILA (in FJ Manual); U.S.S. COPERNICUS (in official sources)

I didn't include the registries from the Court Martial chart. These were already official and canon.

Starships in the time of TOS and the first four movies included the Miranda Class, Constitution Class, and the dreaded J Class [Smile] . Adding to the fleet, there were scouts (Hermes Class), transports/tugs (Ptolemy), destroyers (Saladin), and dreadnoughts (Federation). The chart could have included examples from all or only one of the above. We don't know.

Mr. Okuda in his descriptive notes says the registries for the starships Archon, Horizon, Valiant, and the Constitution Class fleet are conjectural. The Horizon's registry, with the introduction of the model in Sisko's office, is canon along with the registries of the Enterprise, Republic, Constitution, Constellation, and Potemkin.

My chronology for the Constitution Class fleet could go something like this-

After the loss of the S.S. Columbia in 2238, the Constitution Class fleet was commissioned. This ships were capable of faster speeds and were considered technological marvels. They would serve the fleet for forty years as the premier starship class. Other starship classes, like the Miranda Class, would serve alongside the Constitution Class ships. Lesser starship classes, of the Scout Class, would scan a planet and, if anything of interest was spotted, a ship of the Starship Class would be sent to investigate. Dreadnoughts played a smaller role in the fleet and were very rare. There may have been other families of ships-the destroyers, the transports/tugs, the Antares Class freighters, and so on.

By the mid-2280's, the Constitutions were being replaced by the Excelsiors. The Excelsiors were intended to be the next big capital ships in the fleet.

Prior to 2240's "J" Class and Daedalus Class Starships
2240's Constitution Class starships and its family of similiar ships; "Antares" Class freighters
2270's Miranda Class and Soyuz Class starships; Oberth Class scouts
2280's Constellation Class and Excelsior Class starships; Sydney Class transports

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on 6251.3

i say there is 2 excelsior 2 connie's 1 Miranda and 1 Oberth

And another Crappy Gif.
 -

Origonals
http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/caniva/Untitled-3_copy.gif
http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/caniva/Untitled-4_copy.gif

BTW top left hand corner looks like what would be the Eagle and has a really small Reg [Frown]

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

newark
Member # 888

So, the Scovil is Miranda-Class. Interesting.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
I realize that this was mentioned back a bit in this topic, but where was it mentioned in TMP the reference to the Merrimack as well as its registry?

It was mentioned in the Epsilon IX comm chatter.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
TNG started in 2364, as evidenced by "The Neutral Zone" and the fact that Okuda maintains that his interpretation of the stardate systems works so that "Encounter at Farpoint" was within the same year as "The Neural Zone".. keep in mind, it is this S1 TNG data point which is retroactively skewing the TOS movie dates..

I realise that "The Neutral Zone" takes place in 2364 but that doesn't stop "Encounter at Farpoint" from being in 2363. Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me that the only reason Okuda placed TVH in 2286 is because the film was released in 1986. His datings for the TOS movies are not particularly well researched or thought out.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

newark
Member # 888

At the end of TVH, when the whale doctor says her goodbyes to Capt. Kirk, she says she has 300 years of catch-up learning to do. Since the film occured in 1986, Mr. Okuda may have simply added 300 to this date and arrived at his date for the film.
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dax:
I realise that "The Neutral Zone" takes place in 2364 but that doesn't stop "Encounter at Farpoint" from being in 2363. Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me that the only reason Okuda placed TVH in 2286 is because the film was released in 1986. His datings for the TOS movies are not particularly well researched or thought out.

As a matter of fact, it almost certainly was in 2363. "Data's Day" (TNG) and "The Assignment" (DS9) establish that the first half of a television season is the second half of a calendar year (October and September, respectively). "Homestead" (VGR) has the last half of a season in the first half of a calendar year (April 2378). Since stardates are intentionally useless for conversion to calendar dates, these and two references to 2371 in Voyager season one are almost all we've got to go by.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Endeavour3d
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to be honest, that ship on the top right looks like an Akyazi class, however I've heard much debate on it being considered a canon ship
IP: Logged
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Akira:
BTW top left hand corner looks like what would be the Eagle and has a really small Reg [Frown]

It does indeed look like that. Feck.

Who's up for resurrecting the old NX-1000 theory for the Constitution prototype?...of course that only helps with the Constellation and not the Eagle, perhaps NCC-956 was a typo? Perhaps it's really supposed to be NCC-1956...perhaps I should sick my fingers in my ears and start humming very loudly...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Who's up for resurrecting the old NX-1000 theory for the Constitution prototype?...of course that only helps with the Constellation and not the Eagle, perhaps NCC-956 was a typo? Perhaps it's really supposed to be NCC-1956...perhaps I should sick my fingers in my ears and start humming very loudly...

If you're just making the number up anyway, do NX-900 for the original Constitution and Eagle's covered, too.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Akira:
BTW does anyone have all the names thats supose to be on the list?????

Does anyone else see that the Spelling saing RuRa Pentis???? or is that hiw its spelled lol

Never Mind i found it
Ahwahnee, U.S.S.
NCC-2048
Challenger, U.S.S.
NCC-2032
Constellation, U.S.S.
NCC-1974
Eagle, U.S.S.
NCC-956
Constitution
Emden, U.S.S.
NCC-1856
Endeavour, U.S.S.
NCC-1895
Enterprise, U.S.S.
[formerly U.S.S. Yorktown]
NCC-1701-A
Excelsior, U.S.S.
NCC-2000
Helin, U.S.S.
NCC-1692
Intrepid, U.S.S.
John Muir, U.S.S.
NCC-1732
Kongo, U.S.S.
NCC-1710
Korolev, U.S.S.
NCC-2014
Lantree, U.S.S.
NCC-1837
Oberth, U.S.S.
NCC-602
Potemkin, U.S.S.
NCC-1657
Republic, U.S.S.
NCC-1371
Scovil, U.S.S.
NCC-1598
Springfield, U.S.S.
NCC-1963
Whorfin, U.S.S.
NCC-1024
This is from MMM's list

I dont see how all these ships are showed on thos one set of charts

Of these, only the Ahwahnee, Challenger, Eagle, Endeavour, Potemkin, Scovil, and Springfield are supposed to be on these charts. The rest were only on a starship mission assignment graphic displayed on the bridge of the Enterprise in the film.

The Potemkin is probably the Connie on the second page.

Akira:
Nice reconstructions. (You've proved, I think, that the Eagle *is* in fact a Connie! [Smile] ) But I still don't agree that that bottom one is an Oberth. It looks identical to the one directly above it. Making it another Miranda.

Can we try another reconstruction of the names? I'd prefer not to simply go by registries alone...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ship above the middle arrow looks very much like "Ahwahnee" to me, the one on the left MIGHT be Challenger but I'm not certain.

That has to be an Oberth at the bottom of the list, I'm certain of it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
That has to be an Oberth at the bottom of the list, I'm certain of it.

Why? Look at the image w/o the flashy silhouttes. (http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/caniva/Untitled-3_copy.gif) As I said, it appears to be identical to the one above it. (The supposed Miranda.) There's no pointy-ness towards the rear, as you would see on an Oberth, and you can almost make out nacelles.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps