Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Garuda (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: USS Garuda
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of off-topic, did anyone else notice that the name of the USS Repulse's Type 7 shuttle was revealed on the TNG DVD's? A photo was shown of the model with the name D'Alison.

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=2181003
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=2180993
Close up
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=2181031

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Phlox:
A photo was shown of the model with the name D'Alison.

Cool. On which disk set?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Season 4, Selected Historical Data. They don't discuss it in the commentary, but they do show the photo a few times and zoom in on areas of it.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... I never noticed that you can see the Repulse out the shuttle bay doors... that's cool... Only Second season, too. And this is the same season that produced Shades of Grey as the season finale.
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops. If you want to be enlightened by my highly intelligent comments and researched data, please read below.

*Double post* [Cool]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So who or what is D'Alison? I already tried google, but no luck there.

As for "Shakaar", I've just watched the episode to be sure. There is a vulcan, but his name is not mentioned. We don't see his ship or hear his rank. When the camera cuts to the scene, he and O'Brien are already playing. When he grabs Quark's mug and Bashir tells him that he can't continue playing with his shoulder, the Vulcan only says that he'll loose the game if he leaves the bar. Nothing about his ship at all. The script doesn't seem to be the final version. From what I saw the Vulcan and O'Brien behave differently, their lines were altered and the whole B-plot was shortened. Furthermore we got a view of the station some time before this scene, and there was no ship docked, neither Starfleet nor any other.

The Vulcan's name is not mentioned in the credits, allthough the Companion (the book) does indeed list his name.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Johnny
Member # 878

I wouldn't be surprised if D'Alison was a reference to one of the modeler's wives. The Shuttle Alison = D'Alison? [Smile]

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And this is the same season that produced Shades of Grey as the season finale."

Well, that's because they ran out of money. No doubt from doing things like showing the Repulse out the shuttlebay doors...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has come up before, but was "Shades of Grey" purely budgetary in origin, or did the writer's strike have something to do with it?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought it was a little bit of both...at least the strike was the cause for the season to not start until something like late November in the first place....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember a comment about that shot. Something about the fact that the port nacelle should have ALSO been shown out the shuttlebay door.

And reguards Season 2... don't forget we had the superb "Q-Who?".

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vraiment.
"(Le Shuttle) d'Alison"

Unfortunately D'Alison doesn't seem to be a French last name, but it may be the name of a renowned scientist in the future...

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alison is a french given name, I think. I know a guy named Alison. But he's Acadian, so that might not count...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The tale told elsewhere (I read it recently, possibly in the TNG Companion, but I can't recall precisely where now) is that they were considering a BoBW sort of thing for the end of season two, but didn't have the cash. Hence Hurley's hurried clip-script.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it had something to do with the huge number of visual effects in the penultimate episode, "Peak Performance"? Having the Hathaway and the Enterprise engaged in simulated combat, resurrecting old sets and maybe creating new ones, not to mention the Romulan and Ferengi ships, probably amounted to a rather large drain. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps