Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Family Tech! ["Horizon" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: $$ Family Tech! ["Horizon" Spoilers]
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah, hes just a plot device...like T'pols' hooters [Wink]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Episodes are 39 minutes now!?! That's crazy - that's closer to a half-hour show!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soon it'll just be ten minutes of T'Pol's ass in pajamas. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, I remember back in the day when TOS was closer to 50 mins...and there was only one Enterprise, and all the boobs were real....

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Real" as in enclosed in a wire corset that made them look like torpedos! [Big Grin]
....now that science officer from Trials and Tribulations...(drool)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Ah yes, Deirdre Imershein, shes not too bad. [Wink]

Actually she played the Risan Joval (the chick playing 'hoverball') in "Captains Holiday" TNG.

She did a lil nudie nudie in the HBO series "Dream On" about 13 years ago. Otherwise she doesn't have a whole lot to her acting credit.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone get a good enough look at the Horizon's logo to do a decent sketch of it? I remember it was on the Captain's jacket, in the corridor outside the cargo bay, and on the front of the helm station. That last one was the largest and most easily visible, but the Captain was sitting in front of it most of the time.

B.J.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Yeah. I can't at all see the ECA becoming part of Starfleet. Remember, SF is the military. It would be like the Teamsters being absorbed into the Army. (Now there's a scary thought... [Eek!] ) Or Shell Oil tankers becoming part of the Navy...

That's called the Dutch Army IIRC. Bill O'Reilly talked about it on his show a while back, I just can't remember exactly who it was.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw this episode now, because the damn local UPN affiliate decided to preempt the show for something as pointless as a basketball game featuring another Michael Jordan retirement. [Roll Eyes]

Anyway, a few notes that haven't been mentioned yet:

I liked the reference to Deneva station -- the same colony from TOS times, and we know it's going to become the most populous colony.

Myself, I thought that ALL of the Horizon sets were redressed Enterprise scenery -- including the Bridge. (Although the Bridge could've been a rearranged modification of the old Defiant set.)

The aft section of the J-class itself, the modules, strongly reminded me of the aft section of the classic freighter Batris from TNG (sometimes called Antares-class). The TNG ship certainly didn't look separable, though. [Wink]

The J-class freighter can carry a max of about 30,000 metric tons of cargo.

Were all of the ship's main compartments supposed to be in that small forward section? If so, why was Mayweather fiddling with the impulse engine relays inside a cargo bay? And if they're not, then how did some of the crew feel about being ditched in the immobile cargo modules? (Though I suppose separation could be a reasonably common procedure in an emergency, and they could normally have closed the airlocks between the two anyway when someone's not going between them.)

Good to see they're getting good mileage out of that old Voyager model. [Roll Eyes] It was originally a small Akritiri fighter from "The Chute," and was reused as a large Lokirrim cruiser in "Body and Soul." At least this time they made the obvious connection and suggested that it was a Mazarite-built ship, which was the same species that used that design back in "Fallen Hero."

Overall, I thought this was a pretty good episode!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Good to see they're getting good mileage out of that old Voyager model. [Roll Eyes] It was originally a small Akritiri fighter from "The Chute," and was reused as a large Lokirrim cruiser in "Body and Soul." At least this time they made the obvious connection and suggested that it was a Mazarite-built ship, which was the same species that used that design back in "Fallen Hero."

Actually, I think they made a small snafu here in that it was not actually the Mazarites that used this design, but rather the Kriosians in "Precious Cargo." (The Mazarites had their own unique vessels.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, that's right. I knew ENT has used that ship before some time. But then, I've tried to forget about "Precious Cargo." [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they are referring to warp engine configuration, and not ship design.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but I'm just saying that if they wanted to make a neat reference they could/should have said Kriosian instead.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Or mayweather just got them confused with one of the two dozen other "aliens of the week". [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Or mayweather just got them confused with one of the two dozen other "aliens of the week".

That's certainly understandable. After all, if someone randomly tuned in for one episode, they'd probably think Mayweather was a "crewman of the week." [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps