Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ambassador class speculation. (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Ambassador class speculation.
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One final thought, if the Ambassadors are out exploring, they're probably mostly oriented towards the galactic core, there the density of stars to explore is the greatest. In the event of war, they'd be drawn into action in the Federation's "northern" sectors, whereas the Fleet actions we witness took place in the "east", along the Federation-Cardassian border. Why did we seen other explorers, like Galaxies, then? Maybe because Starfleet thought to keep them close at hand for troubleshooting purposes, just like they did the Ent-D.

quote:
Originally posted by Ace:
The downside is that we've got certain viewers who took the pretty explosions to mean that the older vessels "suck." Ah well.

By my count, most of the Akiras shown were blown away very, very fast. I don't think of them as sucky, though, no more I'd hold it against Mirandas or Excelsiors. What I hate is when people say "those Akiras were taken out first because they posed the great threat with their |_|63r f19|-|73rs and 15 torpedoes tubes!!!!"

Yeah, [censored].

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't talking about you David. [Smile]

Oh, I can't wait for the DVDs to come out so we can all watch those fleet scenes again after five years (they don't show DS9 in my area).

Here's a question: Why, after the loss of the Enterprise-C, wasn't there another Enterprise for the next 20 years since Starfleet seems so fond of the name after Kirk made it famous?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's because she was listed as missing. They held out hope that she might return or show up & have wreckage be found or SOMEthing.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They started building the E-D not too long after the loss of the E-C. They probably didn't expect it to take so bloody long for them to finish building the thing.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn space monkeys... [Mad]

What the hell does Starfleet expect when they pay their contractors in bananas....??

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the Galaxy Class was more than likely within Starfleet's mind by 2340, the E-C was lost in 2342, they would have held out hope for the E-C because they had no clue what happened to it they held out hope for a couple years. Finally she was listed MIA presumed destroyed and the name was freed up. Instead of using one of the older classes, Starfleet decided to wait and give the name to the newest most prostegious class yet, which would be out of the drydock in less than ten years [or so they thought].

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps