Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Earth Ships (The Expanse Spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Earth Ships (The Expanse Spoilers)
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm... so a little more like this:

-

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmm... Steam...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, it actually reminded me of this ship: http://www.gilsostartrekschematics.co.uk/fanbprints/periaction/akyazi/akyazi.html

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't notice the picture on this page when I posted my last reply. It looks just about dead-on as to what I saw in the episode. I'll see if I can get some more screen grabs up.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes... the Akyazi... Mmmmmmmm.... I've got a Constitution saucer diseted in my studio. Every couple months or so, I spend a couple hours trying to figure out how take the next step in making an Akyazi-esque model.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Some more screengrabs: http://home.wanadoo.nl/nightwing/enterprise/

Note that grab #2 has a lot of motion blur in it, but it the best one to see the rear end of the saucer being almost straight instead of round.

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Ah yes... the Akyazi... Mmmmmmmm.... I've got a Constitution saucer diseted in my studio. Every couple months or so, I spend a couple hours trying to figure out how take the next step in making an Akyazi-esque model.

You can purchase a 1/650 scale resin cast model of the Akyazi class PA at McDaniel Models. Just so you know, Cory McDaniel has had a bit of a problem being... slow... in filling orders. However, he seems to have gotten all back-orders filled at this time. I've ordered from him twice and my orders took a bit longer than the advertised time-frame to fill. To be totally fair to Cory, he has mentioned in the past that he's had some health problems which caused his business dealings to suffer and I did eventually get my order.

Anyhow, I own his SFB Gorn Heavy Destroyer and Akyazi models and like what I see in both. I've only built up my Akyazi (seen here, scroll down to the bottom image) to the point of primering and it went well 'til the pylons started to sag. I've stopped until I can come up with some way to strengthen the pylons and stop the sag. Hope to build the Gorn heavy destroyer over the summer.

Sorry to have gone off-topic w/in the thread.... [Embarrassed]

HTH,

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was more triangular the that. closer to prommie angles.
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks a lot like I imagine the ship. But I'm not completely sure that the main hull is triangular. Simply because the other Earth ship is totally triangular (or maybe just because of that?).

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
theres a brief front view of that ship, right before the BOP flees.. ive been unable to isolate it to get a look at it though.. i did make a little vidclip of the scene, if anyone else wants to take a crack at it

http://captainmike.org/Stuff/expanse_ships_ENT.WMV

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/140603_01.shtml
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"The Starfleet ships were just shapes we came up with," Eaves told the Starfleet Communications Network at the recent WonderFest convention. The Warp 2-capable ships helped the Enterprise NX-01 fight off an attack from the Klingons as it returned to Earth.

"The script just asked for some backup Starfleet vessels so it was just a bunch of shapes we kind of conglomerated together that kind of looked pre-NX-01. And so [executive producer] Rick Berman just picked two out of the five. There's no names, no numbers, or really anything on them."

Doh!

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops..double post

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

oops...triple post

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, so what? It's not like we could really see much of them anyway...

I'd probably go with the assumption Bernd put on his site, that the unique "Steamrunner" ship was named Intrepid, identified as the lead ship of the group. It looked slightly bigger (or at least more advanced) than the other design, at least from what I saw of it.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps