Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise-A shuttle bay, flight control room (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enterprise-A shuttle bay, flight control room
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the 24th century, advances in materials technology and space management lead to storing shuttles, hung from the ceiling of the shuttlebay... on hangers.

Heh, the advantage of a morning person making late night posts.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something just occured to me. For ST: V, besides the new shuttle Bay set, they also had to have made a new model for the exterior close-ups. it just looks a little different. anybody heard if there was one built? like the 'wax' close-up model of the dorsal, for ST: II?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that occurred to me as well.. there's precious little behind the scenes type stuff from STV, i assume since it was farmed out to a smaller effects house than Trek productions usually received (ILM was busy at the time, purportedy with Indiana Jones)
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the upcoming ST:V SE DVD will give us the answer to that. Looks to be lots of extra's in that one, so you never know....
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://startrek.com/news/productnews.asp?ID=129297
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
•Rock Man In the Raw – Design elements and test footage of the aborted Rock Man costume.
Oh dear, that might be worth a chuckle.

quote:
•Deleted Scenes – A variety of deleted scenes from "Star Trek V."
Now that I didn't expect, does anyone know just how much was cut? Anyone have access to a shooting script or novelisation?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I do own the novelization. But I am not willing to read it again. At least, not for free.
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
•Rock Man In the Raw – Design elements and test footage of the aborted Rock Man costume.
Oh dear, that might be worth a chuckle.
No doubt. I'd like to get a better idea of what exactly Shatner had in mind, at least.
quote:
•Deleted Scenes – A variety of deleted scenes from "Star Trek V."
quote:
Now that I didn't expect, does anyone know just how much was cut? Anyone have access to a shooting script or novelisation?

IIRC from when I read the novelization all those years ago, there won't be a whole lot of deleted stuff. Just some minor background stuff. The only thing that sticks in my mind for sure is a conversation between the three ambassador's in the bar that didn't make it into the movie. Prolly wouldn't be more than five to ten minutes that was deleted?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that conversation was gold.. it basically consisted of

"I'm here on the behalf of the Romulan government to open a dialogue"

and Korrd replying "The only thing I'd like to open is your skirt. I've heard Romulan women are... different"

Two lines that embody GR's true spirit of Trek..

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps