Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TNG Violations Sign (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TNG Violations Sign
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Crushers scene of violation... she's with Picard after the Stargazer incident that killed Jack Crusher. Anyway... there is a sign behind Picard's shoulder at some point... my best guess is that it says "Starbase 12" but I could be wrong. I was wondering if anyone knew more about this sign.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, that wig looks crap.
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like "STARBASE 27" to me.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there a similar plaque in "11001001"?

Maybe it's just a reuse of Starbase 74's plaque? or they've been nice and continuous and reused it as a Starbase format. Funny DS9 never had a plaque.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't a starbase. And they undoubtedly didn't wnat to offend their hosts, the Bajorans - who probably preferred the name "Deep Space Nine" to "Terok Nor."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were a couple of designs for the Starfleet DS9 insignia or sign seen in the TM, possibly they were in the background at some point since they were Drexler or Sternbach designs
SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
It wasn't a starbase. And they undoubtedly didn't wnat to offend their hosts, the Bajorans - who probably preferred the name "Deep Space Nine" to "Terok Nor."

Actually it was. Sisko mentions the station as "Starbase Deep Space Nine" in a show in at least season 3 if I recall. It was used a couple of times after that, but even if it wasn't at first, DS9 definitely became classified as a starbase later on.

The sign in the background may be for Starbase 32. Such a sign was shown somewhere in season 1 or 2 I think. There's a recreation of the sign on page 157 of "The Continuing Mission" book.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That must be the worst Picard-photo I'e ever seen. One off-topic question though: Here and in BoBW they put something in his face/on his head. What exactly is that supposed to be?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A morphine injector, to forget the pain... [Frown]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
future bandages.. theyre shiny and are super-complex, we could not hope to understand them.

seriously.. they were meant to be bandages. (the ones from Violations were reuses of the ones from "The Defector"

i wish there were more caps from this ep of Picard with hair.. if they put a good pic of young Picard on the Stargazer novels i bet theyd sell more

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike.jpg:
future bandages.. theyre shiny and are super-complex, we could not hope to understand them.

seriously.. they were meant to be bandages. (the ones from Violations were reuses of the ones from "The Defector"

And why do they need them? I mean, if someone was injured they were always able to heal the injury instantly. No need for bandages. Allthough I think you are right it doesn't make much sense. [Confused]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the BOBW bandages (which I quite liked the look of, so there) were on the areas that were borgified, so maybe they were preventing the nanopropes from reforming, or some other funky tech thing.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the sign... and it sucks too... I was hoping for something of a ship list.

As for the bandaid... remember this is some years before TNG. So the healing technology might not be as adept at healing the wounds that Picard received during the incident that killed Jack Crusher [did they use the same actor from... "Sins of the Father" (I think that was the ep)]. As for the other incidents of their use... the wound in "Defector" was on a Romulan, and IIRC, Crusher was guessing. During "BoBW" I figured that the nanoprobe inhibitor that was mentioned might be a good answer, but I prefer the excuse of an extremely deep wound.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
So the healing technology might not be as adept at healing the wounds that Picard received during the incident that killed Jack Crusher [did they use the same actor from... "Sins of the Father" (I think that was the ep)].

Yup. Although not that episode. Jack appeared in "Family", "Violations" and "Let's give Wesley a stupid final episode". He was obviously a very good actor, which is why he turned up to lie in a box and be very still in "Violations". It was Emmy-award winning.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps