Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TNG Violations Sign (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TNG Violations Sign
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there any other shots of the not-so-bald Picard availible? Preferebly Something where he isn't trying to poke the camera with his nose.

I ask because I never did manage to finish my Personnel File project.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
perhaps a poster here has Violations n a recorded format as a tape or file. Perhaps said poster could cue up that scene and take vidcaps of Picard having hair.

Perhaps.. is S5 out yet?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think SoundEffect is right, it's the STARBASE 32 sign from The Continuing Mission.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The entirety of TNG came out on DVD last year.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About that forehead doohickey... Wasn't there an odd forehead fixture of some sort on the other telepathic impersonations the Ullian mind-rapist did, too?

And yes, these close-ups raise the question of whether Picard had hair in 2354, or wore a bad rug. The latter would jibe better with Nemesis...

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The latter would jibe better with Nemesis
Nope, it doesn't matter. He had hair in "Tapestry" as well.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe in that shot in Nemesis he'd shaved his head for the Starfleet swim team & was now reflecting upon the irony of it all.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:
The latter would jibe better with Nemesis
Nope, it doesn't matter. He had hair in "Tapestry" as well.
And an American accent in those scenes of "Young Picard", IIRC. [Wink]
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think all young Picard did was laugh after he got stabbed.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that he only laughs in the scene where he's stabbed, looking at the sharp-pointy thing sticking out of his chest. However, isn't there a scene earlier on w/him speaking several lines of dialogue? Like at the very beginning of the episode...?

Guess I need to watch "Tapestry" this evening. I kinda hate to do that, tho, 'cause I've been watching the episodes in order....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. He laughs, that's it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah... I was pretty sure all he did was laugh. Cause the only time we even see him is when Q shows John Luck the fight while he's still in "heaven".

Random Quote: "You are NOT God!" "Blasphemy. You're lucky I don't smite you or something."

Classic Q moment...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Maybe in that shot in Nemesis he'd shaved his head for the Starfleet swim team & was now reflecting upon the irony of it all.

i think this is a likely explanation.. for the "Nemesis" picture, Picard shaved his head upon entering the Academy for the reasons that young men frequently shave their heads when joining military academies (or if you like the 'less-military' approach you can assume a swim-team or bunsen-burner-accident excuse).. then, by "Tapestry" he had regrown his mop, but would tragically lose all his hair some 30+ years later (he still had a combover by the time of "Violations"

The young Picard, played by Marcus Nash, did not speak in "Tapestry"

capped
Member # 709

plus, i'm sure its obvious they cut a few corners on Nemesis, they dint want to buy a wig after already having paid Tom to shave his head.

plus, they probably didnt want to confuse casual fans by showing Picard with hair, theyd be like 'who's that guy with hair?'..

plus, i say plus too much.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
having paid Tom to shave his head.
I heard the story, that he had shaved his head for another movie and didn't want to regrow it for Nemesis.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps