Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Fact Files - Nemesis materials (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek Fact Files - Nemesis materials
Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Official STAR TREK Fact Files was that the publication of it is suspended in Europe in the summer of last year, however was started in Japan in this February.

Some file names and file numbers are also changed.

Newest issue No. 22 was published this Tuesday and there was the file by which it probably does not exist in Europe.

Please, enjoy! [Wink]

Issue 22, Page 11,12
Issue 22, Page 13,14
Floor Plan: Main Bridge (magnified)

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful. As if not being able to read the German-language scans I got from Spike was annoying enough, now we have it in Japanese too. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, can I ask a bigger scan of the scimitar itself?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is cool. I thought the Scimitar bridge would never see the light of day as a drawing. [Eek!] I wonder what else we might see given that I am sure there will be the usual repeats of stuff from the European FF and ST Magazine. Cool, one of my wish list down, many many more to go.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Wonderful. As if not being able to read the German-language scans I got from Spike was annoying enough, now we have it in Japanese too. . .

Yeah, but do you really want to learn the Japanese for 'This is a door', 'The carpet is brown', etc. ?

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I was going to mention the sheer obviousness of Fact Files text, but couldn't think of the best way to put it. Your way works for me. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. ice.
I second the request for a Scimitar scan,
Does it have any schematics of the ships?
Get me a nice Valdore schematic and I'll build a nike in your honor.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Starship Freak, Jason.
I did a larger scan of the Scimitar.

The Scimitar (228KB)

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Does it have any schematics of the ships?
Get me a nice Valdore schematic and I'll build a nike in your honor.

I also want to see those schematics, however it is not published yet. [Frown]

The ST Fact Files Japanese version has a preliminary announcement that a file of the Axanar cargo vessel is carried to No. 25.

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I wonder if there's any chance of the new material being released in Europe?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... is it me, or does Scimitar bridge looks kinda like redress of Enterprise Engineering?
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice.

I'm surprised that they revised the Fact Files, but with all the trouble of translation that may have been the easier (and more interesting) work. And they wouldn't want to sell five year old stuff.

BTW, speaking of set redresses: compare these:
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/bridges/ktinga-bridge.jpg
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/factfiles/enterprise-torpedo-room.jpg

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
And they wouldn't want to sell five year old stuff.

LOL.
If they thought they could get away with it they would love nothing more than to sell five year old stuff.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure. It should have read: "They wouldn't hope to get away with selling five year old stuff."

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, any idea what the advantage of having those aft stations on the bridge 3 meters above captains chair and foreward stations?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's easier to lay down ineffective fire against intruders from such a raised position?

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps