Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Fact Files wish list (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek Fact Files wish list
Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a previous thread, we got to see a nice diagram/drawing of the interior of the bridge of the Scimitar. New stuff is always good. The question I put out to the Flareites is what would you like to see in the Japanese Fact Files that is 22 issues old out there. Here is my very shortened list:

USS Hathaway: Bridge and Engineering
USS Brattain: Bridge
USS Sutherland: Bridge
USS Phoenix: Ready Room
USS Jenolen: Bridge and Engineering
USS Saratoga: Bridge
USS Saratoga (31911): Bridge and Sisko's quarters
USS Lantree: Bridge
USS Bozeman: Bridge
USS Excelsior (NX-2000): Bridge and Engineering
USS Odyssey: Bridge
USS Yamato: Bridge
Enterprise-D: Bridge (Yesterday's Enterprise and Parallels)
Holoship: Bridge and Holodeck
Enterprise NX-01: Ready Room, Archer's quarters, Main Engineering, Transporter room, Shuttlebay
ECS Fortunate: Bridge, Cargo Bay
ECS Horizon: Bridge, Mayweather's quarters
and as a final treat the USS Excalibur brisge from Double Time graphic novel

Aliens-

IKS Pagh: Bridge, Mess Hall
"Bounty" : Bridge, Whale Tank, Engineering
Klaa's ship: Bridge
Duras sister's ship: Bridge
Chang's ship: Bridge
IKS Hegh'ta: Bridge
IRW Haakona or Khazara: Main Bridge and Cargo hold

OK so it was not that short. [Big Grin] If you guys have suggestions please feel free to post it.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would've liked to have seen some of the other Wolf 359 ships like New Orleans and Cheyenne. I realise they probably wouldn't be very accurate and I doubt there'd be any new information revealed, but it'd just be nice for completeness. I mean, they've done far more obscure things over the years.

Some of the new Enterprise ships would be nice as well. The orbital pod, the Warp Five complex and interesting alien designs that haven't been seen before like the Kreetassen ship, the Vulcan fleet and Andorian fleets and the Ferengi shuttle.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hows abouts dem starfleet ships we was teased wit'n "Expanse"...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we need some good depictions of ENT logos. The new old Starfleet logo, the ECS logos.

And of course schematics (or at least more CGI shots) of ENT ships, like the Conestoga, the intro-ship, the cargo ships and the Vulcan and Andorian ships.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the mysterious logo from "Silent Enemy".

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Serek:
In a previous thread, we got to see a nice diagram/drawing of the interior of the bridge of the Scimitar. New stuff is always good. The question I put out to the Flareites is what would you like to see in the Japanese Fact Files that is 22 issues old out there. Here is my very shortened list:

USS Yamato: Bridge

That is the E-D bridge though!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the episode "Where Silence Has Lease" it was the E-D bridge, but in "Contagion", I am hoping it was different in some ways as are most bridges in ST to say 'this is a different ship'. BTW, good choices for the wish list.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only scene featuring the Yamato's bridge in "Contagion" is a closeup on Captain Varley. So, all you can say for sure about his bridge is that he was on it, and that the tactical rail structure thing is behind him. It's just the Enterprise bridge set reused, the only difference being the tactical console is pried open, and you can see some of the circuitry.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
And of course schematics (or at least more CGI shots) of ENT ships, like the Conestoga, the intro-ship, the cargo ships and the Vulcan and Andorian ships.

I have a photo of the concept sketches of the intro ship on my site. It's only an aft view though. [Smile] [/plug]

http://www.geocities.com/tdsenterprise/sta.html

Oh, I'd love to see some nice schematics of the Academy Trainer as well, but they wouldn't do that.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
The only scene featuring the Yamato's bridge in "Contagion" is a closeup on Captain Varley. So, all you can say for sure about his bridge is that he was on it, and that the tactical rail structure thing is behind him. It's just the Enterprise bridge set reused, the only difference being the tactical console is pried open, and you can see some of the circuitry.

And the railing is green.

In the episode where they see and board the "Yamato" created by the big snot man, it was obstensibly identical to the E-D with the lights out. I guess Varley painted the rail green on an off day without telling anyone. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. It didn't appear green to me. I will have to check again. BECAUSE I PAID 100 DOLLARS FOR THE PRIVILEDGE. Sigh.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should'a waited: I've seen the DVD sets as low as $45 per season on ebay.

...and I think the rail was green also.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I have no capability to purchase things with anything but cash, however, because: luddite.
Captain Serek
Member # 1038

I put the Yamato bridge in there for completeness. I am sure one of the fine Flare artists can take the FF or STM diagram of the ED bridge and tweak it to look like the Yamato.
It is just a thought.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

But they're absolutely identical, except for this alleged color difference.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps