Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Fact Files wish list (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek Fact Files wish list
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see more (and accurate!) schematics of the Valdoe, Scimitar and....more Sternbach articles!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps this is dead old and has been discussed millions of times before, but doesn't Wesley's Academy Trainer on these pics look remarkably like being made from parts of the Revell Voyager Kit??

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's more like a combination of the front section of the Marquis fighter and the cockpit of Voyager's Type 12 shuttles. I don't really see any Voyager in there.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Marquis bastards! Marauding around with their snooty high-class attitudes and those cuhhhh-rrr-rrraaaazy accents! Sacre bleu !!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they do a schematic of the bridge of Kira's Bajoran ship in "Shadows and Symbols"?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tihnk they did. I saw it on Spike's site and it looks similar. One thing I forgot to put on the wish list was the USS Righteous main bridge, turbolift, Main Engineering and whatever other rooms were in ST Borg. I saw some vidcaps of the Righteous bridge and it is similar to the Enterprise-B and Excelsior in that they used the Enterprise-A bridge as it's base. The bridge had the captain's chair in the middle, a ops/conn in one in front a level lower and in back of the command chair, an msd showing a regular Excelsior class facing starboard with sone signage. I could not see a dedication plaque but I suspect there was one. I need to look at them again with a closer eye.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Dr. Phlox: I've got my Revell Voyager Kit right next to me at the moment and the engineering hull is exactly the same shape as the part they used in the academy trainer. Imagine Voyager's foldable nacelles in the place where the trainer's winglets are, the Voyager shuttlebay (cut into) at the aft end of the trainer. And the cockpit is where normally the spine on the Voyager saucer would connect with the engineering hull. No?

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I thought you were referring to the saucer, I suppose I can see where you're coming from now. Afterall, I think it looks like the Type 12 shuttle, which in turn looks like the Intrepid. Makes you wonder if the Trainer design had any influence on the Intrepid(although I think it was probably a coincidence). Does anyone know who designed the Academy Trainer?

--------------------

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should be Rick Sternbach.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Johnny
Member # 878

That makes sense then considering he design Voyager as well. Nice continuity between Starfleet ships.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps