Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Maps (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek Maps
Sargon
Member # 1090

- posted      Profile for Sargon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard of them, saw a single sheet briefly years ago: does anyone have scans of the original Star Trek Maps they can share. I'm itching for a look at them.

--------------------
Never fear... Sargon is here.

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What maps are you talking about? The ones included in TV's Guide's farewell to TNG special ed? Or that entire map book which came out more recently?

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Sargon
Member # 1090

- posted      Profile for Sargon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are from 1980; Here is a description:

STAR TREK MAPS Bantam Books, 1980. Same as displayed at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, Washington, DC Star Trek Exhibit, set of four, giant, full color space charts of the classic five year mission of the Enterprise.

The lowest price I have seen is $250! Just would like a look at them.

--------------------
Never fear... Sargon is here.

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's talking about the fan produced Star Trek Maps booklet thing from years ago. I've heard of it, but have never actually seen it w/my own eyes and thumbed thru it. Apparently, it's a fairly decent series of "charts" of the TOS Universe and some Die-Hard Trekkers I know refuse to even consider the "Star Trek Maps" book.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The old Star Trek Tech Manual by Franz Joseph has some maps in it, I wonder how much they play into these specific maps you speak of...?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I consider myself cosmically blessed to have found a good-condition intact set of these maps and the booklet Introduction to Navigation that accompanies them for about $15 on Ebay last year.

Unfortunately, the wallmaps are waaay too huge to even think about fitting on my scanner bed. [Frown]

It's too bad, too, because these things are uber-cool. And, unlike the recent Star Charts, (done by the same guy, Geoffrey Mandel, who did a large part of the work on Star Trek Maps) it has multiple-plane views of stuff that lets you see more easily the locations of stars relative to the galactic plane.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you know you just scan in sections and reassmble the full picture in an art program like PSP or PS.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....that also involves an aweful lot of personal investment to put together as well...

--------------------

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the old saying... take a picture it lasts longer comes to mind.

I dunno if it's even possible or what resolution digital camera would be necessary... but you could try that method.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm broke so I'm going to spill the beany goodness... STAR TREK MAPS, on EBAY

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

What is this mysterious Ebay you speak of?

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eBay bad, eBay addictive ... silly MeGotBeer

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch for hidden 'in jokes'.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad, only went for $15.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I said - I got TNG Season 1 on DVD for $37 or so.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps