Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Maps (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek Maps
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$15.50 - I was the one who got it up from $8.something and wasn't online when the damned auction ended due to local T-Storms...

Oh, well....

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's incredible. I was online and was there with twenty minutes to go. I saw it was only $15 and thought I might hang around and grab it, but I already have a set. And I saw it was you in the lead. So I walked away from it. Now I wish I had hung around...

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I appreciate that, Aridas. If you ever see something you want and I'm bidding on it, please don't hesitate to go for it. It's all about who's willing to spend what and I tend to be a cheap bastiche more often than not. I was mostly curious about that set, so didn't put in a high bid. My bad, but that guy who won wanted it more than I, so no big deal for me.
thelastguardian
Member # 1017

- posted      Profile for thelastguardian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Star Trek Maps are the finest Trek publication ever done, in my opinion. Absolutely gorgeous -- they look like they were done by National Geographic. I give them precedence over any of the revisionist versions done since.

They were an official, licensed publication, released by Bantam soon after ST:TMP. Included a great little booklet on celestial navigation. Very well thought out. Big sheets -- maybe 2 X 3 feet. I only wish they'd printed them on four separate sheets instead of front and back on two. They deserved to be framed.

I swear -- you can sit and look at these things for HOURS and remain fascinated. Geoff Mandel, Lee Cole, and Jeff Maynard contributed, along with others. Quite a project.

If you can get a set, do so.

Shane

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
....that also involves an aweful lot of personal investment to put together as well...

Well - it's the dedication that counts around here!

[Smile]

A part of the map would be nice even - to give us an idea as to what it looks like.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
....that also involves an aweful lot of personal investment to put together as well...

There are several artists around here whom are able and I presume willing to take the raw scans and edit them into their full glory.
I know Bernd did a good job of processing FJ's blueprints into something web-worthy.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can you see them, Rev?

Oh and BTW - are your 'logos' you did still on line on a site all together somewhere?

Sargon
Member # 1090

- posted      Profile for Sargon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, thanks for the suggestions, and I missed the ebay auction do to work constraints (damm!).

But, I did get a small look at them here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2187145009&category=37881

They look very interesting, and I think I will bid on them in the future.

Rev: Online FJ Blueprints? Where? Sounds cool.

--------------------
Never fear... Sargon is here.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, one of the maps have schematics of various starships, probes and spacestations!

Man, how I would like to see a closeup of that...

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, Last Guardian. They are truly a work of art.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

One of the schematics seems to be of the SS Enterprise!!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps