Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$$ Sexy Tech! ["Raijin" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$$ Sexy Tech! ["Raijin" Spoilers]
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They probably wouldn't even *have* the field of engineering known as electronics.

Whether that would put them behind humans, or perhaps ahead, is debatable.

Timo Saloniemi

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masswise, the water breathers could have large-ish clear EVA suits instead of filling the whole ship with water.
It'd probably make for double or thripe the mass of just air breathers being there instead though.

Here's a question: do the inscectoid Xindi have wings? Stingers prahaps? Do their antenna serve as a extra sense?

Another odd Xindi thing is that they probably can't breed between species (dispite genetic simmulatities).
Otherwise there's be only one species and it's have genes from all of them.
Like how humans might have bred with neandertals in some limited way and retained some of their DNA.
Omega as example. [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Here's a question: do the inscectoid Xindi have wings? Stingers prahaps? Do their antenna serve as a extra sense?
I've heard the same asked of Andorians.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey! Someone over at SM just brought up a really good point:
"That rash that Archer had in the beginning means that the data they got on him wasn�t quite right so either the weapon will have a flaw or they will use the virus from last week to fight it."

Maybe the Xindi will start their genocidal attack, only to discover that they cure earth of all known rashes...

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rewatching the episode tonight, I noticed something else - the Jeffries tube entrance! It's as Raijiin is trying to escape. Reed opens a regular door, behind which is a tiny room and the tube entrance - a ladder on an angle that leads upwards, though it's not built into the wall. The tube actually entends from the wall like a storm drain and the ladder protrudes from it, kinda like the one Jake has to scramble up in "Civil Defense".

Have we seen it before? It seems odd to build a full set for ten seconds on screen... And it's quite a bit more than the hole-in-the-wall approach of TOS and the simple hatches of most subsequent series.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Here's a question: do the inscectoid Xindi have wings? Stingers prahaps? Do their antenna serve as a extra sense?"

"I've heard the same asked of Andorians."

Of course, the Andorians seem to have to organs of all our normal senses (eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and they can presumably feel things). We can't really postulate an "extra" sense for the Xindibugs when we don't know if they even have all the "regular" ones.

Davok
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Davok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Rewatching the episode tonight, I noticed something else - the Jeffries tube entrance! It's as Raijiin is trying to escape. Reed opens a regular door, behind which is a tiny room and the tube entrance - a ladder on an angle that leads upwards, though it's not built into the wall. The tube actually entends from the wall like a storm drain and the ladder protrudes from it, kinda like the one Jake has to scramble up in "Civil Defense".

Have we seen it before?

First seen in "The Catwalk", this was supposed to be the Jeffries tube leading to the warp nacelles (which is probably why the ladder isn't exactly vertical).
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Here's a question: do the inscectoid Xindi have wings? Stingers prahaps? Do their antenna serve as a extra sense?"

"I've heard the same asked of Andorians."

Of course, the Andorians seem to have to organs of all our normal senses (eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and they can presumably feel things). We can't really postulate an "extra" sense for the Xindibugs when we don't know if they even have all the "regular" ones.

Well, the inscectoid might not have taste or smell I suppose but all the others are aparant from it's talking, responding to questions and biiiiig eyes (though segmented).

holy fuck.
I just saw a commercial for Martix: Revolutions.
Must lie down now.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps