Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » [SOT] Weapons in Lifeboats (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: [SOT] Weapons in Lifeboats
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're missing some context here, Jason... Worf created his forcefield in TNG "Fistful of Datas", to defend himself against some safeties-off holobullets. I highly doubt that his concoction would have enough power to stop a phaser blast, but it'd do against bullets for a few seconds as he demonstrated.

Obviously, personal forcefields are not yet practical in TNG, or else at least some of the troops we saw during the Dominion War would have been equipped with them.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh.
I thought he'd rigged something in the escape pod when Ezri went looking for im or something...
I always turn off "Fistfull of Datas" when I see it on TV.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, if you've got a whole lifepod screw the communicator [well save for turning it into a great big broadcasting unit], you don't need it to make a personel shield... you've got bigger and better things to deal with.

Then again, it's a Klingon lifepod, which means it worthless even as a lifepod.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Obviously, personal forcefields are not yet practical in TNG, or else at least some of the troops we saw during the Dominion War would have been equipped with them.
And how do you know they weren't?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps