Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Flirting Tech? ["Harbinger" spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Flirting Tech? ["Harbinger" spoilers]
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you guys have already covered the tech stuff, (I'm really glad that they're being consistent about the Academy not being founded until 2161) so I'Il just say that I found the T'Pol/Trip subplot to be very unbelievable and silly, but I absolutely loved everything else. Especially the Reed/Hayes subplot. And it's interersting that the main plot brings a new layer to the Temporal Cold War.

Oh, and I would have titled the thread "Flirtatious Tech..." [Razz]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what was the thing they fished up with the grappler?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this episode, they pulled out that alien's pod from the anomaly-of-the-week. But we DID see it used in, for example, "Broken Bow" and "Breaking the Ice."

Oh, and nobody mentioned yet another example of someone who can walk through walls yet can't fall through the floor. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just remembered that they said the alien's pod was made of the same material as the Expanse's spheres. So they're probably saying his race created the Expanse.

After T'Pol dismissed her encounter with Trip as intellectual curiosity, it looked like he was put off a bit by that. I suppose that clears the way for a Trip/Amanda relationship.

Oh, and did anyone catch the preview for next week?
Possible $$$$$

It looks to me like they're recycling a Voyager plot, with the crew in hibernation in a dangerous part of space, and the only one left awake (Phlox) is going mad.

B.J.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally! Decent martial arts techniques instead of the sissy hand-to-hand/claw/tentacle combat Trek has always done! Pity they were only sparring, though.
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... as to what the alien said "When the Xindi destroy Earth, my people will win." I get the feeling that that this transdimensional might not be a transdimensional--- we are only certain that he was phase shifting [as someone else pointed out phase shifting is something that Daniel did well]. I think this alien might well be a future alien, the one that is helping the Xindi perhaps? Maybe Earth has nothing to do with the future destruction of the Xindi and that was just propaganda?

Was anyone able to compare the alien to known species? Romulans, etc... I wasn't paying that much attention to the episode.

As for the advanced state of the MACOs... remember that they are like modern day special forces units, and they are often times more advanced than your average GI unit in technology as well as skills & tactics.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVED the coy look on T'Pol's face, half hidden behind the mug.. very french.

While you all where watching T'Pol strip, you probobly missed his reaction.. he goggled and looked down and down and.. down.. in complete disbelief.

Was it just me, or did T'Pol seem like she was marking her territory?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Well... as to what the alien said "When the Xindi destroy Earth, my people will win." I get the feeling that that this transdimensional might not be a transdimensional---

Except that the alien himself claimed he was transdimensional. Of course, being from (a possible) future or another dimension might be equally (un)feasable in this whole war.

quote:

Was anyone able to compare the alien to known species? Romulans, etc... I wasn't paying that much attention to the episode.

He looked like a mix between Suliban and Tosk, but nothing we've seen before. But I did kinda expect him to turn into Silik...

And another MACO trivia: they have 'lunar training'.

And the whole morning-after talk of T'Pol was probably her just freaking out after what happened. I think the whole thing was pretty well done, and not quite as silly as it could have been. I especially liked the fact that T'Pol confessed the Sim-incident.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Except that the alien himself claimed he was transdimensional. Of course, being from (a possible) future or another dimension might be equally (un)feasable in this whole war.
Yeah, but that alien also said he was a prisoner and was being used as a guinea pig against his will. Somehow I have the feeling that the only true thing he told us was his last line, "...my people win."

Here's a weird idea... what if that guy were really a Suliban, and for whatever reason had desiccated and so didn't quite look like the ones we know and love? ...Hmm, except Phlox got a really good chance to scan him and get information, so that would've been discovered if it were true. Never mind. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I got to find out Hayes' first initial, and saw three MACOs I hadn't seen before. Plus there might be the holy grail there, a decent side-on shot of the MACO rifle. So there are now 28 MACOs on board. Bit of a reset there on the shag-buddy thing, anyone want to take bets on how long it'll be before the subject arises again? And no, we hadn't seen Cole before, and I doubt we'll see her again. Which is a pity, because seeing Trip trying to deal with the whole "Well, I snogged you, yes, but I shagged her, but that's not going to happen again, so what now?" thing could be a lot of fun. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh, and nobody mentioned yet another example of someone who can walk through walls yet can't fall through the floor."

Well, it was apparently selective, considering that he was able to kneel on top of the warp core, and then reach his hand through the very same piece of metal that was supporting his knees.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, make that 4 MACOs. Just finished my vidcapping. I'm really looking forward to that long, long hiatus coming up around Easter - about a month with no eps. Bliss. 8)

Shit. 130 caps I just took. But I feel I'd be remiss if I didn't let you all have this one:

8)

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh.. Yeah. [Smile]

I've been extremely busy recently and will not be able to contribute my usual exhaustive reviews. But...

-Did anyone notice how decidedly UN-military the Starfleeters were made to appear? In training, the MACOs were all in fatigues, while the Enterprise crew were in civvie workout apparel. And then Cole, when off duty, was in civvie workout apparel?

-And what was with that giant workout mirror, hm?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
Member # 393

One did almost expect that huge fight between Hayes and Reed to end with them kissing passionately. . .

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Lee: I smell a new CapCom coming up soon... [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps