Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » DS9 Rising (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: DS9 Rising
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed the episode "The Reckoning" when it first aired, and dispite the series being in syndication for a year after the run ended, I only got to watch the episode for the first time last week when I bought to DVD set of Ebay.

Good episode and it was great to actually see a "new" episode of my favorite Trek series after so long.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...unless you happen to have some sort of uber-TV with 6,000 channels."

I thought Americans always prided themselves on having seven billion TV channels available even in the remotest middles of nowhere? B)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seven billion channels only means there might be ten worthwhile things to watch a day.
Hell, between spanish channels, shopping channels and religous channels, theres only about 100 channels nationwide.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get about 200 or so channels through a satellite dish, but a bunch of those are movie channels, specialty channels, PPV, and only about 50 or so are channels that air normal (i.e. current) shows and some of those are just different timezone locales of the same station.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not much different than the digital satellite system I've got. And our answer to FOX (being Sky One), managed to show at least 5 billion episodes of Trek a year. The final two seasons of DS9 were on nightly for the last couple of months.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Ebay: I havent paid more than $60 for any season...I still need seasons 5 and 7 though. [Wink]

If I had $60... I'd probably save it because that would be enough for gas for the next three weeks until I get more work in.

I want a fuel-cell car that runs on water...

And no... in this area of the country they haven't shown a DS9 episode in over two years. It used to be on early morning Sunday, however that was before I got a VCR.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You only got a VCR in the past two years? Are you living in 1984?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not Beta, is it?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU SHOULD UPGRADE TO THE NEWEST TECHNOLOGY THE DVD
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yes.

Have you been missing your pills recently? You've become very odd.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
YOU SHOULD UPGRADE TO THE NEWEST TECHNOLOGY THE DVD

No, no - LASER disc.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the new thing!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

oracleguy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Spike still going to be playing TNG when they start airing DS9?
IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Probably: Trek is their only show that doesnt suck on ice.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear - just a bad thought then... "Trek on Ice"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps