Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Zandura class (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Zandura class
CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

- posted      Profile for CaptainMaxwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can there be found a complete CGI or sketch of the U.S.S. Zandura (FC) or is there really only the half ship existing?

--------------------
"Ah, Romulans. I like them best burning and in pieces."

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.neutralzone.de/database/indexfr.htm

Go to Federation -> Starship classes -> Zandura.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

- posted      Profile for CaptainMaxwell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, considering its only a bit of chunk visible for barely two seconds it seems to be more detailed than the Norway.
Ugly design, good that the Borg blew it up.

Thanks

--------------------

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The drawing (the second one from the left) was one of the original sketches, before they dropped it. I cannot comment on the other images, but the "piece of chunck = Zandura"-connection is, as far as I know, only speculation. (Speculation that originates on this board, IIRC). Given the fact that the wreck didn't look like any other ship we've seen yet (although some think it's a Steamrunner) but does look similar to the sketch, it makes the Zandura kind of official. Kind of. We don't know if it was really supposed to be a Zandura-chunck. And even if it is, technically only the forward half of the saucer is canon. Maybe that's only the first draft and the final design on which the wreck was based had two saucers and seven nacelles. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt that chunk of debris was supposed to conform to any design. It was just a chunk of saucer that had lots of easily identifiable Federation markings. Lifeboat hatches and pennet.

I can't imagine they would've taken the time to make it a part of a complete, unshown ship.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

CaptainMaxwell
Member # 932

But this is not so different from BOBW. 1,2,3,4,5,6 ship classes never seen before or after just to be seen for a few seconds as wrecks. OK, they are kitbashes (I like the marker nacelles) but these are wasted designs. Except the Freedom and the Proto-Nebula I like them all very much.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we're just saying that we doubt that Paramount would pay a designer to work out the delicate design details of this ships arrangement and warp nacelles, draw up specs, and the have a custom casting of a model based on a small piece of that ships forward hull built at great expense.

More likely, the part was made out of found materials and its shape, while following a basic plan, was made determined on the materials involved.

there is no hidden revelation about this part, it might even be more productive to argue about the Galaxy nacelles at wolf 359. did they come off a shuttle, a new orleans or a nebula, or galaxy?

do you really think they were worried about what ship the orphaned nacelles were off of, or did they just take them out of the ERTL box and put the torch to the corners!?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I think of my dream job, Star Trek Model Maker has to be number 2. Playboy Ice-chip Technician is number 1. But just think how cool it would be to get paid to melt model parts.

I'm going to speculate here a bit, since I havene't sat down and worked it all out, but when they made the Wolf 359 graveyard, I don't think they had alot of known ship classes to work with. Galaxy, Excelsior, Connie, Oberth, Constellation and Miranda. Right? There was no Nebula, Akira, Steamrunner, etc. yet and they couldn't damage any of the actual models for the known ships, so they almost *had* to create new designs.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"But just think how cool it would be to get paid to melt model parts."

So, in other words, you want to be a Trek modeller in the early '90s. 'Cause you would be doing that anymore, now that it's almost all CGI.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

yes. exactly. I want to live in the 90's.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would come over to watch Blossom.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, wonder what heppened to Bialik, Lawrence and voy Oy (Mmm. . . Six. . .)? *checks IMDb* Not a lot, apparently.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothin' my love can't fix for you, baby.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, why thank you Ultra, you say the nicest things.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could this be the ship that looks like an Oberth with long nacelles seen in the background?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps