Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New room, Conspiracy (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New room, Conspiracy
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lil Billy Ryker!

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... I know it's gonna sound odd... but I still don't believe that's the bridge... maybe show a shot of when Riker and Troi are talking about what a Code 47 is.

Those squares over his shoulder just don't seem to fit.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those squares is the chair for what looks like the Environmental station (or what would later become it).

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is...you can see the ramp over his shoulder..the squares are all over the bridge, between the turbolift and the rear science stations...don't make me make a cap of the bridge to prove otherwise.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that's def the bridge - with the 'centre pillar' of the horseshoe and the wood of the horshshoe visible.

What is that viewscreen from though?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
That was the lighting, rather than any paint job, I think.

Yeah, that's what I meant - but who knows - thinking about it now - i'm sure during SOME seasons they gave the place a fresh coat of paint.

Oh and of course there was the new designations for each of the back row stations.

Anyone know what each was and what they turned into?

I know far left eventually became Science I and Far Right became Engineering I.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

What is that viewscreen from though?

The viewscreen was in pikerds quarters

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

heh...I just love this exchange in the initial bridge scene:

Enterprise already viewed flying at warp
Riker: "Increase to Warp 6."
LaForge: "Aye sir, full impulse."

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The aft stations from starboard to port (or left to right from the viewer's perpective) are Science I, Science II, Mission Ops, Environment, and finally Engineering. The port and starboard stations from Generations were Engineering II, Science III and Communications I and II, IIRC.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
even though there are at least two people already who can handle communications...?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Data and Worf bitched about always having to do comms all the time so they put the Communications stations in.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that they were redundant stations. This was expounded upon later in the E-E, which also had multiple stations where the GCS had only one. Also, I think they were redundant.

That is *so* the bridge in that picture. The first season had far less detail than later on. The horseshoe support thing had no details on it, and the lighting was pretty crappy.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Thanks, Dat - but what were the Stations in Season 1... they were different to the rest of the series.

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

I think the majority were labeled as science stations. We'd probably have to ask Okuda, but there's a good chance he would not remember because it was so long ago.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's in the TNG Companion. Unfortunatley, mine's still packed up...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps