Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Swas-TECH-as on the White House? ("Storm Front, Part I" Spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Swas-TECH-as on the White House? ("Storm Front, Part I" Spoilers)
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm, why? There's no reason to assume that the Keeler-lives timeline and the Storm Front timeline are one and the same.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't Edit Keeler the key figure in that timeline? Kirk himself was responsible for the change. To cause that timeline, the aliens woudl have to have prevented kirk from.. um... Hmm.. intersting hypothesis.
if Germany Conquers America, the Federation, the enterprise, and Kirk would have been totally different and he probobly wouldn't have saved Ms. Keeler.. making something like a NAZI victory more likely..

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The speech we heard Churchill give was made in 1943 at Harvard (text|.ram). Strangely, we later learn that the story takes place in 1944. I guess this is another minor timeline change. Perhaps Churchill and the Government are now in exile in the US."

Or it was just a recording of the speech being rebroadcast as a morale booster or something.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I watched it around noon today... that's why I refrained from reading this thread earlier this morning.

"Pazifisches Meer"? That should have been "Pazifischer Ozean"...

I suppose the SS officer's line about Hollywood was an intended pun, given the events that follow.

Oh, and where are the collaborators? They sure don't want us to believe that there wouldn't have been any, would they...?

So, the ASBs are giving the Germans superweapons built with the technology that is available at the time, and that was what lead to a German victory? Given that in OTL, the Germans did have "superweapons" built with the technology they had available... Africa and Moscow I can believe, since all it would have taken was a different strategy, basically, but the U.S.?

I'm still hoping that it's Daniels who dies and not Silik, I can't stand that guy...

Oh, and the preview for the next episode... Stukas?! Equipped with plasma guns or something? And they are of the B version (which they stopped building in the late spring of 1941), at most, instead of newer types like the D or G (the latter would have been more believable, given that in OTL it did carry two BK 3,7 antitank cannons under the wings, much like those ones from the promo did). But for intercepting the NX-01, I'd have chosen something else, like Ta 152s or Do 335s, instead of those sloooooooooooow Stukas...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose it's possible that the aliens (where is it said that they're the Na'kuhl, anyway? I haven't re-watched it yet) have not been influencing the war with technology, but with words or possibly with foreknowledge. They may have appeared to the Nazis using their last photon torpedo to nuke Britain, or something, and gotten Hitler's confidence that way. The general guy was frustrated with the alien promises, though all he'd been apparently seen are films of the cool stuff they could have. Also, Daniels said that to get home, the aliens had to use local tech to build their "conduit"... So what the aliens have on hand may be limited.

Finally, seeing as how the conduit is being buit on American soil, it's possible that there's something in the USA that's needed to complete it. Certain metals or easily-reached resources thereof, in combination with stuff that is under Nazi control; if it was uniquely available in the US then the aliens may have supported the Allies instead.

I'm still working out how stopping Vosk here and preventing his return, where he subsequently wipes out Daniels' future, will restore the timeline in the past... This reminds me too much of an absolutely horrid episode of seaQuest DSV, where the sub is catapulted into a far future where everyone's dead and the sole remaining boy and girl have to be made to fall in love for them to return.

Yup.

They didn't bother explaining WHY that had to be done in that show, and I'm worried we'll be given a "oh, we don't need to understand it" sort of explanation to the paradox here.

Thsi may be fun to watch, but right now I'm loooking forward to finishing it up so we can get to the Berman-less Trek fun that Coto's promising us!

Mark

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Additional: I forgot to add, that there are no signs of MACOs anywhere in this episode as far as I could see, even in the background as extras.

Looks like they just might be history. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm still hoping that it's Daniels who dies and not Silik, I can't stand that guy..."

Why are you still hoping? Didn't you watch the entire episode?

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And another thing: Westmore did some amazing work on Daniels. Somehow, it reminded me of Pike's condition in "The Menagerie". With the eyes of Gary Mitchell.

I also noticed the German map of the US had 'California' on it. An unforgivable error if you have an audience known for it's nitpicking obsession 8)

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
And another thing: Westmore did some amazing work on Daniels. Somehow, it reminded me of Pike's condition in "The Menagerie". With the eyes of Gary Mitchell.

I also noticed the German map of the US had 'California' on it. An unforgivable error if you have an audience known for it's nitpicking obsession 8)

Why? Should it have been spelt Kulif-or-niaa a la Arnold Schwartzenegger? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It (c/sh)ould have been Kalifornien.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Archer was riding in the truck and the Nazi was talking about Hollywood, I thought they were somewhere near there because of the look of the land around them. Obviously they were in real life for production purposes, but California looks nothing like New York (or Georgia, if you remember watching the Dukes of Hazzard).

In that last scene with the alien looking over his "conduit", I immediately thought of the Irwin Allen series "Time Tunnel".

So where's what's-her-name, the woman that helped Archer? Is she in sickbay freaking out at Dr. Phlox?

B.J.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"I'm still hoping that it's Daniels who dies and not Silik, I can't stand that guy..."

Why are you still hoping? Didn't you watch the entire episode?

Given that Trek has a history of allegedly dead people turning out not to be so in the end, it could very well be that the Big Reset Button by the end of the next episode also "fixes" Daniels, especially given that his condition was due to the whole damage to the timeline thing... Silik, OTOH, is in the exact same situation as Archer and his crew, and whatever happens to him where/when he is may very well be final.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately I just saw a picture of some MACOs in one of the Spiner eps, and there's a mention on startrek.com of some of the usual MACO stunt-performers appearing. Kill me now. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats wrong with the MACO's? I thought they were an awesome addition to the show and welcome thier return.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was nothing wrong with the MACOs. I mean how many people on these boards have been moaning for years about not seeing some sort of Starfleet 'marine'?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps