Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Under the Raptor's Tech! ["Kir'Shara" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: $$ Under the Raptor's Tech! ["Kir'Shara" Spoilers]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Newer-generation Trekkies will probably see the thin green Elven line at Mount Doom.

What do you mean by 'thin green Elven line at Mount Doom'!?!?!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he meant the scene where the Elves all wield thier swordie type weapons at the same time and take out the first row of baddies charging towards them. Thier swords kinda look like the Vulcan weapon.

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some kind of incident, eh?
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting catch there, Harry, about the "new" Andorian ship. Single straight wing instead of the bent wing design we've seen, plus what resembles a vertical stabilizer on both the top and bottom centerline of the ship. I'd like to see a closer look, even if it does turn out to be a "kitbash".

B.J.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Tomed was mentioned in the TNG episodes 'The Neutral Zone' and 'The Pegasus'. Some kind of incident occured there between the Federation and the Romulan Star Empire."

"The Tomed Incident" was mentioned. They didn't say what exactly a Tomed is. It wasn't until now that they specified that it's a place name.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aye; mixed with the ship that was Kes's shuttle, et. al.?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomed was also mentioned with a date associated with it 2311 IIRC

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't recall the "Tomed Incident" being mentioned in "The Pegasus".

I'm trying to recall the line from "The Neutral Zone". I recall Data saying it, and I'm sure it was something about the Tomed Incident causing a huge loss of lives on both sides. I dunno if it was also referred to as the last contact with the Romulans until 2364 (which is in some doubt anyway due to various timeline schenanigins). That was it, information wise.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

RIKER
There's been no direct contact
with the Romulans since the Tomed
Incident.

And that's all there is to it. The 2311 date probably comes from a different line in the form of "It's been x years since we saw Romulans!".

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In TNG ("The Defector"?)we saw a Vulcan Ambassidor that was actually a Romulan agent and if she had been undiscovered, nobody would ever have known.. and in other episodes, we see Romulan agents pretending to be Vulcans. The recent episode of ENTERPRISE followes up on that, implying that there has been fairly active spying going on, for a long time, that was largely unknown. From that, it's not to much of a reach to expect a fair amount of cold-war style espionage and such, also.

Here's an interesting take on the Earth/Romulan war.. what if the Romulans decided to call the war off, so their covert operations where not jepordized, not due to tactical reasons and they just let us assume we won.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Data's Day". When the Romulan spy turned up on the viewscreen, had she had her forhead ridges added back in? It seems to be standard practise for undercover agents in the future to get they forehead and neck bits readded/removed the second their job is done.

Also, "Unification" showed Spock undercover on Romulas, and he didn't have the forehead ridges. Either there are some Romulans that don't have them, or Vulcans walking around the homeworld of the Romulan Empire isn't that uncommmon (or Romulans are just that stupid).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So - could V'Las be a Romulan? Is that what we're implying here?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
quote:

RIKER
There's been no direct contact
with the Romulans since the Tomed
Incident.

And that's all there is to it. The 2311 date probably comes from a different line in the form of "It's been x years since we saw Romulans!".
Somewhere, Riker mentions that Tomed cost "thousands of federation lives".

Tomed being a place shoots down the only explanation of the incedent (in the novel Serpents among the Ruins) where Tomed is the name of the romulan flagship.
Mabye Tomed is a star system in a strategic localle.

As to the "cold war" silence with the Romulans- there was still ongoing conflict (and presumebly contact) between the Klingons and Romulans
during that time- the Khitomer Massacre was after Tomed (as would have been whatever klingon retaliation there must have been- honor and all that).

The "other matters" that kept the romulans busy have never been addressed (though building umteen-million gigantic Warbirds instead of a balanced fleet of more than three ship classes must have occuped considerable effort).
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
So - could V'Las be a Romulan? Is that what we're implying here?

Mark

No- we're implying thatAdmiral Leyton a Romulan: they live a looong time, dontcha know?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Somewhere, Riker mentions that Tomed cost "thousands of federation lives".

Which, y'know, really doesn't strike me as all that much. Possibly why it's an "indident" and not an "attack" or "battle".

Although I suppose it's better than "the Tomed Occurance".

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why were the Vulcans interested in Tomed then? Unless it has something of value... even after the formation of the Federation. Or is it just that it happens that the V'Lass gets into contact with Romulans there secretly and then many years later the Romulans and the Federation have a clash there?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps