Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Under the Raptor's Tech! ["Kir'Shara" Spoilers] (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: $$ Under the Raptor's Tech! ["Kir'Shara" Spoilers]
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, technically they're rubber.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats the deal with all the Tomed speculation?!

Administer V'lassic is Vulcan. Period.

What [really should be bickered over is how or why he was freely roaming around Vulcan (in such a capacity that he could meet with this Romulan guy) when he was just "dethroned" and accused of destroying the Earth Embassy...or whatever. Should he have not been in jail or something at that point?!

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it was his robot clone
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Romulan mentioned something about V'Las's disappearance or some such thing, IIRC.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He said people would notice if V'Las disappeared, so they couldn't take him.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes.

So, the most likely cause of events was that V'Las made himself scarce right after being deposed, counting on his Romulan buddies to take him away and protect him, but the Romulan dude essentially said it would be better for him to 'face the music' as it were and go to prison.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
No, he was surgically altered back in 1966 to have pointed ears and slanted eyebrows.

You so sassy!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Actually, technically they're rubber.

Doesn't matter, my point was that Nimoy has to wear that stuff already, why would he be opposed to the Romulan ridges? Just because it was on his face? Seems like having my ears pulled down all the live-long day would be more irritating than face makeup.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
think GALAXY QUEST
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Nimoy thinks it's all real [Eek!]
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing I remembered that I forgot to mention earlier was the effects of the orbital bombardment. (V'Las did say "photonic" weapons, right?) Most of the hits on the ground just resulted in a relatively small explosion, but one completely disintegrated a large rock formation, complete with funky dissolve effect. Could this be used as an example of why photonic (and photon) torpedoes are different than just a warhead that goes boom? From the footage, it seems wipe the area clear without affecting the surrounding area. Compared to this, nuclear weapons may have about the same effect, but are infinitely messier.

B.J.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the big rock formation that fizzled away was just the holographic generator being hit by weapons fire.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. Similar to the fake rock walls we saw Surak-Archer walk through.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Which doesn't make sense as technology supposedly doesn't work in the Forge...  -

--------------------

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the impression that technology works, but theproperties of The Forge (high static and EM fields?) make sensors, communications, propulsion, and that sort of stuff almost useless. Didn't they mention the shuttle pod being able to land, but not take off?

A holoprojector might work just fine there or be HEAVILY shielded and the artifact they found obviously had a power source.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps