Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Melting Wax Tech! ["Daedalus" Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ Melting Wax Tech! ["Daedalus" Spoilers]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The conning tower obviously has two levels; plus there are two rows of lights visible on the upperside of the fuselage, but the saucer itself is so shallow compared to the conning tower, I can't imagine them cramming two levels in there. They must be skylights. . . or maybe just lights and not windows at all. But then - there's also a row of lights visible on the underside. So there could be two decks in there. . . The Sarajevo is obviously the Defiant of its day!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From that scraeengrab, it looks like the ship sports a single nacelle at the center aft- the two diaganal "bridges" seem to overhang it.
No glowy parts or endcap on the nacelle though.

I dig it.

This would be the oldest example of asingle-nacelled starship so far.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the two rows of white lights - cause you can't see anything in them - are deflector emmitters or something?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the non-tech thread:
quote:
Actually, that comment about transporters changing Starfleet made no sense. In three years aboard one ship they still only use it when there's no other choice.
That's true. Does the NX-01 have any other transporters though? Because we were told that transporters had been in use for cargo for some time before it got cleared for humans, right?

Come to think of it, we've never actually seen the NX-01 taking up any significant cargo, but the cargo holds are filled with those yellow barrels that seem to fit a transporter pad.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding the Sarajevo, those two rows of exposed, vulnerable angular windows make the ship look somewhat "civilian". Like a yacht of sorts, really.

Do we have any reason to think this vessel would be armed? My first impression is of a "command boat", a vessel type important to our littorial navy. A liaison vessel that looks like a small and grey Miami Vice druglord yacht, dedicates a lot of room to engines (most of the lateral fairings on the Sarajevo could be engine, if each holds a set of coils as wide as those blue lights are wide), features good communications gear, and of course is utterly unarmed and unshielded so as not to carry extra weight.

I'm forced to think that the small roundish dots do not indicate decks, since the size and positioning of the "sail" windows so inescapably establishes the scale of this vessel.

Timo Saloniemi

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Anyone else think the Sarajevo looks like the Sweeps from Transformers?

I must admit, speaking as a Trek fan and a slightly shamefaced Transfan at the same time, the designs are strikingly similar...if I were Archer I would keep my eye on the Sarajevo!

Maybe this is one of Manny Coto's plans for season 4 - the Decepticon arc? ;-)

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all leads into Enterprise becoming Series? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps