Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Temptechtions! ["Bound" Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ Temptechtions! ["Bound" Spoilers]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I also find it hard to believe that Trip was granted a transfer back to Enterprise three days before, and Archer (and consequently, T'Pol) wasn't aware of this."

Well, he said he'd requested it. Not that it had actually been granted yet.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the big new Orion ship. Did I see turrets on that thing?

BUT - It seems that the "unknown configuration" ship that wasn't doing any damage to them was a reuse of the Naussican pirate ship.

B.J.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still on the trailer for next week's mirror episode...

"Will you kindly die?"

--------------------
Meh

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I saw the trailer on the site and I have to applaud them for the Defiant though I'm 100% sure someone here will find something wrong with it. It also seems there's going to be a Star Wars-ish battle taking place. I also note that the defiant will be taken to a drydock(that is hope fully automated).
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Trip obviously had quite a dislike for Kelby. Not only did he refer to him as "lieutenant" (surely he was already a LCDR before being promoted?), but he insisted that he was going to let the guy have the chief engineerhood back, even though he knew he had already requested a permanent transfer back to Enterprise.

It was my impression that the Earth-Starfleet only had four ranks for officers: Ensign, Lieutenant, Commander, and Captain. I can't recall an exact reference, but I seem to recall somewhere that that was always the intention for ENT.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your comment reminds me of an article titled "A Beginner's Guide to Peru" which (among other things) said that the Peruvian Army had only three ranks: private, general and president...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, you know that's not true. They also had colonels.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course. My great-grandfather was one, in fact.
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh - and can someone PLEASE come up with a decent title for the "In a Mirror, Darkly" tech thread? "Temptechtions" for fuck's sake? I was thinking something like "Slave to Te(c)h Rhythm," something imaginative. If I log on tomorrow and see a title like "Reflective Tech" I will hunt the perpetrator down!

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as we all know, you are the judge, jury, and executioner of everyone. [Roll Eyes]
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that is his role as laid out in the constitution, though disagreement over his proper use nearly led to armed insurrection in the 1890s, and ever since most of our leaders have been reluctant to even acknowledge his existence. They claim his primary role today is to guard against the unlikely chance of alien invasion. But that's the problem with eldritch superweapons from the Dimension of Shadow.
Lee
Member # 393

Aw, you guys, you say such nice things. . .

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Its just a name! Like the Death Zone or The Zone Of No Return. All the zones have names like that in The Galaxy Of Terror!"
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps