Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Workbee length (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Workbee length
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant the model in the link you provided.

Looks bigger than the 2.7 stated length to me.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said it was smaller than the models you had seen. What other models are these?

[EDIT: Oh, is it the Enterprise model you meant? Because I'm pretty sure that's the model used in all the films.]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I was talking about the Enterprise model- it's not the big expensive version- that's much larger (and I doubt they'd risk some ass knocking it off the table after too much champagne).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, I think that is indeed the one and only studio model of the ship, which can also be seen here. That site says it's approximately 7 feet long, though I think I've heard 8 elsewhere. Perhaps you're thinking of the gigantic replica from the Experience? (Pictures of that coming soon from me! [Wink] )

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It's just that the one on the table does not look that big in the pics.

Stupid of them to have it anywhere near food- some ass could easily slop something on it.

I'm kinda suprised that Workbee model has not found it's way onto an Ebay prop auction yet....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see the problem with them putting it near food. It's not like it's ever going to be used again.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It belongs in a museum!"
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It should be hauled away as garbage!"

Timo Saloniemi

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

While I tend to agree with Timo's statement (for design reasons), I do think it belongs in a museum.

Why not after all? that silly shround of Turin is in one and that's hardly a signifigant object of worship comared to the Enterprise.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the Shroud of Turin is kept in a church.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Really?
I thought it was on some sort of touring museum exhibit a while back.
All the pretty golden (read: stolen from the oppressed masses) papal objects were recently on display at our museum.

Meh...makes sense, I suppose- bits and chunks of various saints are kept in jars and boxes in churches as relics, so why not the shroud?

Still, I think the Enterprise is more of an international icon than one religion's bogus bloody cloth (thus warranting Smithsonian status- I mean fuck plenty of other T.V. crap is already in there).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Why not? Voyager's shuttlebay had a very TARDIS-like quality to it already. What's a few Workbees compared with the shuttles, Delta Flyer and visiting/ bought craft?

I saw them in there. I can't remember the episode...

-

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

See!?! that pic proves the Workbee is 3 meters long!

You should add Teegan and Turlough wandering around in there somewhere....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That picture also proves that Stormtroopers are about twelve feet tall...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

And that TOS shuttles are larger than Runabouts, but it's still a nice image.

Mabye Harry Kim is just really small (explaining why he was always overlooked for promotion. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps