Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SWDAO - Ships still in use. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SWDAO - Ships still in use.
Shipbuilder
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Shipbuilder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Constellation subject has been brought up numerous times before and I'll just quickly rehash an earlier point (of mine, no plaigerism)

The Constellation was used to transport the young Jem'Hadar and undoubtedly, they wanted to get him there fast....so enter the 4-nacelled Constellation whose design, which we have determined fairly recently is suitable for fast courier type missions. Maybe whoever wanted the Jem'Hadar wanted him badly and quickly enough that they would risk the old, but fast, Connie.

Keep in mind, when I'm talking fast I'm not saying that she could outrun most current ships, I'm saying that she could run on 2 nacelles for a period of time, power them down and immediately power up the second pair to continue on its way....basically neglecting the maximum time at max warp limitation.

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is something I would like to bring up. According to the Deep Space Nine Technical Manual, the Ambassador and Rigel class ships were not in the battle to retake the station. Very soon after the battle, there is the mention of the USS Agaki and the USS Exeter, both of Ninth Fleet. Could these two ships be of different classes than the USS Agaki NCC-62158 and the USS Exeter NCC-26531?

Until I see further evidence, I do believe that Starfleet has Constellation Class ships in service in 2374 and 2375. And I do believe that the USS Excelsior NCC-2000 and the USS Bozeman NCC-1941 are in service in the 2370's.

IP: Logged
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Exeter and Akagi(Agaki) arrived after the battle as reinforcements for the Ninth fleet.

------------------
"Can't wait to eat that Monkey..."-Abraham Simpson

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The DS9 TM wasn't particularly accurate with regards to the ships used...it left out the Steamrunner, too.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still believe that the U.S.S Republic being mentioned in Valiant is of Excelsior design. Picard said that the only constitution still around was in the fleet museum. I also believe that the U.S.S Excelsior is on its second or third ship. They wanted to retire the Enterprise after 40 �..20 years or what ever it was , so I find it extremely hard to believe that the original Excelsior is still in service. Now if they had said that the original Excelsior was the training ship back at Earth, I could have gone along with that .

------------------
hello world

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps