Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Warp Delta pics (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Warp Delta pics
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
I'd like to know where all this info about the lunar ship is coming from. I mean what is Lightwave, some sort of 3d model viewing program? And how did MattC gain access to the mode? And is the ship really called the Emmette? Does even have markings? I mean why write a name on the ship if it isn't even going to be visible. I liked to know the source of this info.

First of all, yes, Lightwave is a modeling program. Second, from looking through his post history, it appears that Matt is a CGI modeler who has worked on the Trek calendar projects. Apparently, he knows Mojo. Those guys have access to this stuff for reference.

As for whether the information about the alleged Emmette is true, we'll have to wait for him to come back and tell us in order to find out. I am hoping for pictures, too.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, geeze. Guys, you need to calm down.

The model is labelled 'USS Emmette' in LW. Why? I have no idea. That's just what's it called.

As for the calendars, well, this year was TOS only, but I should have some stuff in next years (Ambassador, Excelsior and one or two other things).

I'll post stuff when i come back from holiday

m

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
Oh, geeze. Guys, you need to calm down.

The model is labelled 'USS Emmette' in LW. Why? I have no idea. That's just what's it called.

As for the calendars, well, this year was TOS only, but I should have some stuff in next years (Ambassador, Excelsior and one or two other things).

I'll post stuff when i come back from holiday

m

but sir? it's normal for everyone to be ape shit-ish here [Big Grin]

but we look forward to pics [Smile]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Essentially MNW best expressed the most-common sentiments around here regarding such matters, which some of us had already skirted around - who, why, where, when, what, how, that sort of thing. I don't think we're quite all affected by the Drought Of Trek to the extent that we're going to obsess about a ship seen for two seconds in the credits of the Show That Killed Trek.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll post an image when I come back...as long as it doesn't end up elsewhere again (i.e. http://www.stguardian.to/) without asking first.

m.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a public forum, we can't guarantee that some lurker won't see it and post it in such a place, or someone here will send an acquaintance the link, and said acquaintance will then post it elsewhere.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MattC: I�m the webmaster of that domain, and I have always asked permission to post images and always credited the creators of the images with links to webpages or names. So I resent that accusation actually. But if someone emailed me pics which belonged to you without telling me, please name those pics, and I�ll credit you instead. I work hard to maintain my page, and get contributions from all over.

And btw, why single me out? Am I really the only one on the entire internet which have posted pics which belong to you?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

MattC
Member # 1391

quote:
Originally posted by Starship Freak:

And btw, why single me out? Am I really the only one on the entire internet which have posted pics which belong to you?

http://www.stguardian.to/fed/excelsior/mattcentb.jpg
http://www.stguardian.to/fed/excelsior/mattcentb01.jpg
http://www.stguardian.to/fed/excelsior/mattcentbcd.jpg

There's 3. I don't recall you asking me permission to repost them elsewhere. Mind you, my memory is somewhat hazy these days.

M.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I got those in my hotmail-adress from a fellow who called himself Matthew, that�s not you?

Ok, there�s no need to use the board for this, you and I can pm eachother, but if I credit you for these pics, can I keep them? And if I can, how? If not, I�ll take them down.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

MattC
Member # 1391

I don't recall sending anything but like I said, my memory is hazy. We'll continue this in a pm.
m

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starship Freak:
MattC: I�m the webmaster of that domain, and I have always asked permission to post images and always credited the creators of the images with links to webpages or names. So I resent that accusation actually.

Yup, I remember you emailing me for permission a couple of years back for some pics from my site. Most webmasters wouldn't have bothered.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mark, leave my firstborn or any-born out of your darstedly deeds! [Smile] You could use Jason's 1:2500 clone! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tells us the outcome of the battle over these pics.

Just ABOUT those pics anyway - never seen them before - was this model used on film - i.e. was this used in Generations or was that just all model work?

The Nacelles of the Excelsior class are interesting - never really seen an image of the Excelsior from above and from the back like that before. That pod that the nacelle pylons go into... do you think that whole assembly can lift out of the main body?

That third pic - the Ambassador says it's by a Matthew - is that you? The E-B and E-D is by someone else. It'd be nice to see the E-B lit like the other two ships are in that diagram. The Ambassador looks like the Ambassador done by those people over at that Scifi 3d art page that now can be seen in Ambassador Class investigation on Bernd's page. I think it was Tachy and Pedro who made it (Is the name "Tachy" allowed to be said around these parts yet or is it still atouchy issue?)

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We still get to see pics of the Emmette, right?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps