Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Warp Delta pics (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Warp Delta pics
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the "Iceland" would have to have an inset bridge with a tiny sensor dome up there- otherwise it's a huuuuge ship (and we get into the whole size-problem with the Excelsior thing again).

Why does the intrepid's bridge look... smushed from the side?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a front view of the Intrepid's bridge. The Bussard Collector blocks it in the side view.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second Jasons idea - although there's no reason for it not to be a large ship - I mean older tec tends to be bigger and clunkier.

I favour a smallish, slow ship with a recessed bridge and a relativly large crew, as less stuff is automated. As for EVA, I go for the ship being able to land, but not very often. It should have shuttles, and they never put a bay on when they drew it. Quick Robin, lets play with photoshop...(batman theme plays)

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see the "opening credits version" of this vessel before deciding on the scale. If the two ships are similar enough, I'd then like to assume that the modern one is built on the same basic keel as the predecessor and has the same general dimensions. The credits ship might have clearer scale-defining features...

I could see these lifting bodies acting as Sol system watchdogs, never loitering deep enough to interstellar space to actually need shuttles. They could be based off Mars, where landings and takeoffs would be less of a strain. No multimissionality, no flexibility, no credibility in the interstellar scene.

Timo Saloniemi

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possible. The only time we saw it show up was after Enterprise had returned to the Sol System. Can't remember if it was in the rag-tag fleet of the alternate timeline, but if it was, they were in pretty desperate straights and wouldn't really care if the ship was "meant" to travel outside the system. They'd use whatever they had.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, there was one in the RTF. And yup, the poor ship probably had no choice...

Timo Saloniemi

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hip to the "Iceland" being an in-system ship. We've seen plenty with warp nacelles; even that research ship in "Regeneration" could have used warp purely for interplanetary travel.

Scale-wise, how close have we seen one to the Enterprise? Maybe they just have tiny portholes, a la Concorde..? And if it's that small, it could easily land on Earth too, again like that research ship. Antigravity is a wonderful thing...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Timo
Member # 245

Definitely a need for warp in defending Sol against evil interstellar intruders. Even if they are all as nice as the Borg and slow down to impulse before Saturn, only a warp-capable ship could intercept them before they reach torpedo range. And it's nice to have interstellar capabilities as an option, even if a largely theoretical one.

Both the Klingon battle and RTF scenes suggest a ship roughly similar to NX-01 and Intrepid in size. Perhaps a little broader, even. But nothing definite there, AFAIK - the ships in the RTF are fairly distant, and there's no telltale overlap wrt ships of known size.

Speaking of which, how big is that arctic research team's ship? Bernd suggests just 50 m in his listing. Did we see tiny CGI stickmen scurrying around her, or is the estimate based on space scenes?

Timo Saloniemi

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for my own knowledge, can some one give me a list of all the othos Bonchune has provided for Hobby Talk?
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Intrepid
NCC-1764 Defiant (IaMD)
Aeroshuttle and Klingon D4
...and this thread, of course.

B.J.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks
Mark
Member # 1819

- posted      Profile for Mark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of a way that i could increase the image size of these renders without loosing too much image sharpness?

--------------------
BCU Moderator
BCFiles Filer

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Can someone ask hiim if he can post the lunar ship from the credits??

You mean the USS Emette eh?

m.

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Emette? Where'd you get that from??

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From looking at a screenshot of the model sitting in LW.

M.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps