Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise Class?????? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enterprise Class??????
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may have been discussed awhile ago...........

Someone made mention that the Main Engineering of a Constitution class ship is in the primary hull, and not in the secondary hull. This was during the TOS era. But in STII, we see that the main engineering was somehow relocated to the secondary hull. That must have been one hulluva refit.

Quite some weeks ago, I saw a poster of ships named Enterprise. This poster predates the TNG era, since the Ent-C is said to be an Alaska Class (a very flat Primary Hull and Warp Nacelles, horribly stretched Constitution secondary hull). As well, the Ent-D is said to be (correctly) Galaxy class, and while the shape is correct, the dimensions and the diagram itself is not.

In that same poster was something interesting: the diagram for the refitted E-nil was called the testbed for the "Enterprise Class". As well, it also mentioned that E-A was also dubbed as Enterprise Class.

This kinda makes sense, considering the different shapes of the original, and newer Constitution Class, as well as the sudden changes in engineering location. Officially, we call the refitted E-nil and E-A Constitution Class II or Constitution Class refit.

What do you think?

(Side note: I believe the poster was printed sometime in 1984)

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, FASA.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*vomits*
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I support an Enterprise and Enterprise II sub-classes, but not regular classes

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To fit my theory on class-names it must still be a Constitution class.

You know it just occured to me; the Galaxies are to have a real long life span. According to reports the next Trek show will take place about 15 years in the future. My pt. is the Galaxies should be in it and I bet they will have had a huge overhaul by then, too.

In this rumored new series I'd think that the Excelsiors would finally be retired, too

*NOT A $$$$ CAUSE IT'S NOT FACT*

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #3 : Whenever someone under you screws up make sure you teach them a lesson more so than you punish them.

steamrunner2000
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont agree on the Enterprise class, just because a starship gets refitted, doesnt mean it needs its own class.

------------------
Has anyone seen any swallows around???

IP: Logged
Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise class predates FASA, so slapped wrist yet again for Mr Shadow.

The change between the TOS and TCFS Enterprises was so great that making them different classes was by no means unlikely. Especially if there were ships of both specifications in use at the same time.

But ST VI had those blueprints labelled Constitution class. After that all the various types of Constitution vessels have been labelled as sub-class or type or variant rather than as class.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*is lucky this time because Shadow was the first to use the four-letter word *

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, the poster was definitely FASA...the Alaska-class Ent-C and such.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah the Alaska class. Mentioned but never seen in FASA, one of the great lost ships of Trek...

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

steamrunner2000
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ID, I do happen to have the schematics for the Alaska class Battlecruiser (NX-11080), in case you wanted to see them.

------------------
Has anyone seen any swallows around???

IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pardon me, but what does FASA stand for?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know what, I'm not even sure. I hear it so often around here, but I never thought to ask what it stood for... *L*

------------------
"Silence, you contemptible shrew!"
-Stewie, The Family Guy

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Steamrunner2000, let's do more than post the specs, can anyone post a pic of this ship? I'd like to see it.

------------------
Star Trek: Dark Horizon
Creator, Owner, Only Writer

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
F***ing Awful Starship Abominations?

Fandom Anal-retentive Spawned Abortions?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps