Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Number of Constitutions (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Number of Constitutions
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just pointing out what the dedication plaque said. At that time when they made the show they hadn't decided to make it Constitution-class.

But I think in the early days of Star Trek, the size of the fleet wasn't really known. All the types of ships used, yes the Federation operated different types of ships, but the Constitution-class was the big main ship of Starfleet.

I can't say what Roddenberry and the rest of the TOS production crew were thinking.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... Was the Republic in ST6 definitely the Constitution one? And my reason for trashing the Essex is to get my list down to 12. :-)

------------------
"If you hear only one song this year, there's something terribly wrong with you."
-They Might Be Giants, "Critic Intro"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Republic's registry (NCC-1371) was also listed in STVI.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes: Though there isn't a very reasonable technical explanation for the showing of the Constitution and nothing else, there is a real life one. Keeping down production costs. They only had a specific amount of money to spend per episode, and couldn't go over it. Just creating the K'tinga model cost them alot of money. That's why the Klingons allied with the Romulans, so they could show NBC they were spending their money wisely on making that model.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Well, if the Republic was still around, then make it one of the twelve on my list, and file the Defiant w/ the Endeavour as not having been launched...

------------------
"If you hear only one song this year, there's something terribly wrong with you."
-They Might Be Giants, "Critic Intro"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps