Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SWDAO: The Farragut's Class (possible $) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SWDAO: The Farragut's Class (possible $)
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jammykins: I'm sure it says on your page - what was the URL again? I'm so desensitized by overspamming these days, casual references tend not to be noticed - that it was destroyed. If the Nebula Farragut ever turns up again, you be sure to sue Okuda, Paramount and Viacom for contradicting you.

The point I'm making is, we didn't see it destroyed. It was only reported as such. So it's not beyond the bounds of probability that it wasn't. The Drake was reported destoyed yet turned up again on DS9. The registry of the Yamato was reported as NCC-1305-E. The Defiant was reported as being 170m when it was shown for three years as 120m.

Can we just be a little bit flexible now and then?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh... There were two Drakes...

------------------
"If you hear only one song this year, there's something terribly wrong with you."
-They Might Be Giants, "Critic Intro"

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we've already covered this in another SWDAO, or a thread I created. More than likely here were two, but the Encyclopaedia says it was the same one. So either the Enc II is wrong (unheard of!) or the ship survived - its fate was left rather vague in "The Arsenal of Freedom."

But the details aren't important here. The point I'm trying to make is that not everything is certain.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the encyclopedia said there were two in the ship list...the listing of the two events in the one Drake entry was probably an editing error.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hasn't anyone thought of that there was an Excelsior Class USS Farragut then a Nebula Class USS Farragut was built?

------------------
"But I want it that way"

-Backstreet Boys

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've thought about that, Michael_T. The Excelsior Farragut could have been decommissioned when the Nebula Farragut entered service (or earlier). But it just doesn't seem right to pull those old ships out of retirement when the newer one gets blown to hell (if that was the fate of the Nebula Farragut. She might not have been completely destroyed like The First One said).

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there is no actual dialog stating that the Nebula class Faragut was destroyed--completely disentergrated--then we shouldn't assume that it was. Klingons don't always kill the one's they do battle with. Kirk was ordered by Klingon commanders on some occasions to surrender his ship. Kirk never did, but if he did, I doubt the Klingons would have opened fire. That would be cowardly and dishonest.

------------------
"Meesa love yousa long time."

Jar Jar Binks, Vietnam, 1967.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, some Klingons seem to have differing ideas of what is and is not honorable...

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who says the Excelsior Class USS Farragut was decommissioned before Starfleet built a Nebula Class Farragut. Look at the Lexington ships: there was a Constitution Class one that was destroyed, an Excelsior Class one that met with the Enterprise-D, and the Nebula Class one that docked at Deep Space Nine.

------------------
"But I want it that way"

-Backstreet Boys

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

No, the encyclopedia claims there was an Excelsior-class one, but it was never seen, and canonical evidence suggests (quite convincingly) otherwise.

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps