Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sao Paulo's Ded. Plaque (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sao Paulo's Ded. Plaque
Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember hearing that this one was visible onscreen. Anybody have a vidcap or the contents at the least?

Thanks,
Boris

------------------
"Wrong again. Although we want to be scientifically accurate, we've found that selection of [Photon Energy Plasma Scientifically Inaccurate as a major Star Trek format error] usually indicates a preoccupation with science and gadgetry over people and story."

---a Writers' Test from the Original Series Writer's Guide

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I firmly believe that the entire Star Trek universe exists only to make sure we continue to appreciate Star Wars and Babylon 5." - Andy Ihnatko

Jim Phelps
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Give me liberty or give me death"? That SOOO cheesily patriotic. They should have put something by Benjamin Franklin instead.

BTW, that's stardate 52888.3? Am I wrong, or is this the first starship that wasn't commissioned at noon? (.5)

Boris

------------------
"Wrong again. Although we want to be scientifically accurate, we've found that selection of [Photon Energy Plasma Scientifically Inaccurate as a major Star Trek format error] usually indicates a preoccupation with science and gadgetry over people and story."

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The number behind the point has absolutly nothing to do with the time of the day.

------------------
Presenting the NX-59650. It can slice! It can dice! It can seperate into THREE parts!!
Now available with THREE FULL warpcores!
But wait! Buy now, and get a free number upgrade to NX-74913!

To order, call: 0800-PROMETHEUS

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they had a busy schedule that day and couldn't launch the ship at noon...?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Jim Phelps
Member # 102

Well, if you were to trust Gene Roddenberry and the Star Trek Phase II Writers' Bible, a stardate is roughly a day and 1313.5 is noon on one day, while 1314.5 is noon on the next day. But yes, of course, I was just joking. Still, a stardate *can* be a day long occassionally, as we've seen in numerous TNG episodes.

BTW, I looked up the episode's stardate in the James Dixon timeline and it's on 52861.3 that Sisko was given command over the Sao Paulo. Maybe I've misread something and it's 52388.3?

Boris

------------------

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited October 08, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited October 08, 1999).]

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or 52688.3

------------------
Presenting the NX-59650. It can slice! It can dice! It can seperate into THREE parts!!
Now available with THREE FULL warpcores!
But wait! Buy now, and get a free number upgrade to NX-74913!

To order, call: 0800-PROMETHEUS

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why is doesn't have Defiant-class on it.

------------------
"The keyboard, how quaint."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boris: Where is this updated version of the JD Timeline? The only version that I know of is at Caltech and it hasn't been updated in years

------------------
Go brain go.
-Qualcomm sloagan

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited October 09, 1999).]

Jim Phelps
Member # 102

Fabrux: Ohmygod....

Caltech has Version 6. The latest one is Version 12, including everything through the end of DS9 and the fifth season of Voyager. Go to http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Crater/2077/scifi.htm for the latest version and a bunch of other James Dixon files.

Boris

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could SWEAR that the plaque says 53...

not stardate 52...

!?!

and what is the registry NCC-45...!! - is that our first 45?

Oh, and maybe they did away with the tradition of the noon launch, because of the war.
------------------
"The story..." Londo says, "is not over yet. The story is never over."

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited October 09, 1999).]

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is there a consensus on the registry and launch date for the Sao Paolo?

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are better images of the plaque out there, BTW, but I don't know of the URLs of any.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I firmly believe that the entire Star Trek universe exists only to make sure we continue to appreciate Star Wars and Babylon 5." - Andy Ihnatko

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure looks like NCC-75533 to me...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

The registry is NCC-75633, IIRC

------------------
Frank's Home Page

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps