Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Classes and types (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Classes and types
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll dare to actually answer the question.

Intrepid - Medium Cruiser
Sovereign - Explorer

I'm sure there will be at least one person who disagrees with me but isn't that the point behind the forum? To express your own opinion and to discover the opinion of others on something we all mutually care about.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*screams*

This isn't the sort of thing that's a matter of opinion, or at least shouldn't be.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Don't worry; in Season Two we abandon it for 'I Am A Sock-Puppet!'" - Bob Skir

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*frowns* Must we get into this thing again? Wouldn't it be easier to just make this one of those "forbidden" topics, like the Defiant's length?

------------------
"I see you have the ring. And that your Schwartz is as big as mine!
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shifts conversation 171-- er, 120-- uh, 180 degress*

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's just use logic here. First off, Janeway said that Voyager is a 'short-term explorer' in an episode. Therefore, she's an explorer/scout.

The Sovereign, it's large like a Galaxy, but it's way too overarmed and carries no civilians, making it not likely to be an explorer. Therefore, by my guess, she's a command cruiser or battlecruiser. If you're Frank, call it a Battleship.

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

[This message has been edited by The359 (edited October 16, 1999).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, there you go, mixing terminologies.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you know I'm mixing terminology? Do you seriously expect meto believe that you, Frank, have been to the 24th century and know exactly how the designations of these ships work 400 years in the future. You have NO PROOF that they do not use the terms 'cruiser' and 'explorer' in their designations, because this stuff is 400 years away. So saying that I'm mixing designations is foolish, since you don't know what designations exist in the 24th century.

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH! *brutally murders Matt, stuffs him in a blender, feeds him to a wolf, and sends the wolf into a star*

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders why Frank just killed that poor wolf**and Matt*

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
Now with only 1 popup!

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

I guess that was a nerve...

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... one which you apparently hit with the figurative equivalent of a sledgehammer.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*jams fingers in ears and hums until nasty thread about classifications goes away and BP returns to safe level*

------------------
"FOOLS! Will I have to kill them ALL?!?!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, thanks for all the help guys. Let me reiterate, I'm pulling a Voyager and saying the whole thing was pointless. I really don't need the info anymore. I'm a quarter way done with my Nova Class Illustration and no typing (only Class) is any where to be found on it. Nor shall any be on any other ship illustration. I promise. Really.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Good. I'm tired of people that are obsessed with classifications but don't even understand their purpose.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, bitchy. Care to qualify that statement? 8)
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps