Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Olympia (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Olympia
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many people have put these starships on thier list
(apparently they were seen on a list on TNG)

• Philadelphia
  • Pueblo
  • Seaview
  • Silversides
  • Syracuse

• Elim Garak
    Plain and simple
    Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Actually, weren't those in DS9's "Whispers"?

Edit: Wait, no... "Eye of the Beholder"...

------------------
    Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited October 18, 1999).]

Aban Rune
    Former ascended being
    Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Consider though, Romulans showed up at DS9 and featured prominently in the war. Ther was also mention made of the Jem'Hadar cutting across the Romulan border to get to Fed targets. If we assume that most of the war took place somewhat close to DS9, Romulan space isn't all that far off. So it may have been the Defiant. But look at the graphic of the map (whicj is already clearly wrong). The ships were close to division between quadrants(way out there). They weren't even close to Romulan space, but they were clearly way out there. I don't think she was the Defiant. Then again, it is called DEEP SPACE Nine...

------------------
    "Resolve and thou art free."

Elim Garak
    Plain and simple
    Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    The map need not be wrong. It could always be those wacky dialogue people.

------------------
    Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aban Rune
    Former ascended being
    Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    I just realized, this thread is about the Olympia, right? I don't know where the idea that she's an Oberth Class came from, but it's highly unlikely. How long did the captain say she'd been gone for? Eight years? It'd HAVE to be a larger vessel with independant support capibilities, like an Intrepid at least, though they wouldn't have been around at that time. Probably some conjectural class.

------------------

grb
    Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    I realized that the first major reson for everyone starting to think that Cardassian space was near the Romulan Empire was because of the activity of Jem'hadar ships traveling through the neutral zone to attack the federation. But did anyone realize that by the time we started to hear of this activity, the war had already been going on for a long time? Might it have been possible that the Jem'Hadar were launching from federation territory conqured over the course of the war? Caradassia and Romulus could be on opposite sides of the federation, but the dominion war was waged across the quadrant.

------------------
    USS Infinity
    NX-157240
    First Transwarp Ship of the Fleet
    Epsilon Omega Shipyards

"It's like I said, the more things change, the more they stay the same."-Unknown Vulcan Philosopher

IP: Logged
    AndrewR
    Resident Nut-cache
    Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    exactly, the dominion - might have travelled through neutral space for quite a while - then entered Romulan space and then into Federation space... - all with out the Rommies caring a stuff - at the time.

------------------
    "The story..." Londo says, "is not over yet. The story is never over."

Dax
    Paradox
    Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Although it is a faster ship, how long did it take the USS Bellerephon to get from DS9 to Romulus in "IAESL"?

------------------
    "Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
    Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Mikey T
    Driven
    Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Okay, back to the Olympia...let's consider some canon classes for this ship.

Nebula Class
    Ambassador Class

Now...start bantering...

------------------
    "All you people, can't you see, can't you see
    How your love's affecting our reality
    Everytime we're down
    You can make it right
    And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

TSN
    I'm... from Earth.
    Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Wasn't the Olympia the ship from "The Sound of Her Voice"? And wasn't a C-II/Miranda type nacelle used in the planet scene?

------------------
    "I think you people have proven something to the world: that a half a million kids can get together and have three days of fun and music� and have nothing but fun and music."
    -Max Yasgur; Woodstock, NY; August, 1969

Elim Garak
    Plain and simple
    Member # 14

A few weeks, Dax, IIRC.

------------------

Aban Rune
    Former ascended being
    Member # 226

IF a Miranda class nacelle was used (I'll have to rewatch the tape) what have we got to work with?

Miranda Class, Constitution Class refit, Shelley Class, Constellation Class

My vote would probably be for the Shelley Class. Lots of room for science stuff and long term supplies. Plus we've only seen this class once and i want to see more of it.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
    HTML is enabled.
    UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps