Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 'Chrysalis' mystery machine. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 'Chrysalis' mystery machine.
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished watching 'Chrysalis' this morning, and I was wondering what ship was it that was seen departing the station in the closing shot.

It looked like it had Miranda nacelles, and the rest defies me.
AAAAA.

------------------
"So, no room for Bender, huh? Well I'll build my own lunar lander, with blackjack, and hookers.
In fact, who needs a lander, or blackjack?
Ah, screw the whole lot o' ya!"
-- Bender, Futurama.

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a standard Earthforce shuttle, carrying Sinclair away from the destroyed B5, if I recall correctly.

Boris

------------------
"Wrong again. Although we want to be scientifically accurate, we've found that selection of [Photon Energy Plasma Scientifically Inaccurate as a major Star Trek format error] usually indicates a preoccupation with science and gadgetry over people and story."

---a Writers' Test from the Original Series Writer's Guide

TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember the episode very well, but I'm pretty sure it was an upside-down Sydney Class Transport (Jenolan).

On the subject weither it's supposed to represent a new class of ships, I think that's under debate. I personally would find it stupid to take a ship's hull, simply turn it upside down and make another class out of it. It's probably a similar but different design with a different orientation.

------------------
-Doctor: We'll defend ourselves! They won't get what they're after!
-Hierarchy: Huh?
-Doctor: I mean, you won't get what you're after!
ECH in VOY "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor Spy"

-Seven: *Kissing the doctor* It was a platonic gesture. Don't espect me to pose for you.
-Doctor: *Embarassed* Understood.
Seven in VOY "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor Spy"

[This message has been edited by TerraZ (edited October 20, 1999).]

IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Boris just make a joke? 8)

Yup. 'tis a Sydney. . .

Alidar Jarok. What would we do without him? All Voyager s5 eps so far are now up on his site, BTW. . .

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I can't remember seeing the Jenolen (to hell with the spelling!), so I'm in no position to argue.
Anyone got pics (Okudagrams, Ency or FF scans) of the Jenolen.

And there is a better image of the Chrysalis ship in the very last shot of the ep. Very sharp. Anyone got it?

And yes, Boris was joking. That rapier continental wit, no doubt.

Thanks for the help (thus far).

------------------
"So, no room for Bender, huh? Well I'll build my own lunar lander, with blackjack, and hookers.
-- Bender, Futurama.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the Jenol*n.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Don't worry; in Season Two we abandon it for 'I Am A Sock-Puppet!'" - Bob Skir

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

Christ, Frank, that was quick.
Yeah, I think that may be it. I'll have to check the video again tonight.
Cheers.

------------------
-- Bender, Futurama.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Season five or six...?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that Sarina entered through the usual double airlock which are the same in the docking ring and the docking pylons, but the docked ship as seen through the door was almost definitely a Danube class. The German dialogue said "I must get on the shuttle", and I know that the "German" word "Shuttle" is usually used for "runabout". I wonder if she actually said "runabout" in the original dialogue, owing to the ignorance of the producers who still claim the Sydney is a runabout. BTW: When the ship leaves (upside down), there are several rows of lights visible.

------------------
Get your free signature at Ex Astris Scientia

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you notice that the Danube-door-at-the-airlock set was used in "TotP" to represent the Defiant dock entrance? It is shown just before they leave for Chintaka (where Worf and Jadzia say goodbyes before battle).

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

[This message has been edited by Dax (edited October 21, 1999).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that window looks like a Promenade window... how does that work... it has to be an upper pylon to be able to be at the same level as ops... but its too close to the central core - it should be further away...

actually it looks as if it was supposed to be from the promenade level 2 - but they tacked that pick of the central core in there - otherwise it'd work - i.e. the distance to that upper pylon...

Andrew
------------------
"The story..." Londo says, "is not over yet. The story is never over."

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited October 21, 1999).]

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that you mention it - that pic just doesn't make any logical sense. There doesn't seem to be anywhere Julian could be that would give him that view. There must be some severe subspace optical distortion going on here

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

You're right - the core makes a total balls of the picture. Didn't notice that till now.

Garak: I presume you're talking about what season Chrysalis was in. It was season 7, Ep 5 => Video 7.3, methinks.

------------------
"Fire, Fire!" said Mrs O'Dwyer.
"Where, where?" said Mrs O'Hare.
"Down in the town." said Mrs Brown.
"Lord bless us and save us"
said old Mrs Davis.
"I never knew a herring was a fish."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I was asking Lee if he meant Voyager's fifth or sixth season... But thanks anyway.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julian could be in one of the observation gondolas under docking port of the upper pylon. It'd be a stretch, but it's really the only possibility.

As for the Sydney Class ship being upside down, is there really such a thing as uppside down in space? It has merely set a course and is initiating a roll to being it's course corrections.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps