Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 'Chrysalis' mystery machine. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 'Chrysalis' mystery machine.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if he was in an observation gondola - he would be at the same level as the gondola on that other pylon...

and way above the core.

------------------
"The story..." Londo says, "is not over yet. The story is never over."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban: Except that, in "Trials and Tribble-ations", they showed the same ship docked in the same manner. This would mean, when they got out of the ship and onto the station, the floor would become the ceiling and vice versa.

------------------
"I think you people have proven something to the world: that a half a million kids can get together and have three days of fun and music� and have nothing but fun and music."
-Max Yasgur; Woodstock, NY; August, 1969

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, this thread goes hand-in-hand with the "Obsession with canon" one in GD

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why can't he be at an oddly elevated observation gondola...?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
because of the presence of the central core...

its too close... he'd be floating in space somewhere between ops and an upper pylon.

------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was probably meant to represent the view from the gondola, but it just wasn't done very well. It is the most likely location.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it too close for him to be on a weapon sail tower, too?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, TSN, but we're not talking about other episodes are we? I'm kidding. I absolutley hate it that they just took a model, turned it upside sown, and we're supposed to think "Hey, a new ship". So, to not let my intelligence be mocked, that baby is a Sydney class, and as for the other ship, the captain was drunk and they had to back up...

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree. For one thing, this ship has green impulse engines. The Sydney doesn't. For another, I think you'll find that this ship is a bit smaller then the Sydney class could be.

This model started life as a big shuttle, but it was extensively rebuilt to become the Sydney. It shouldn't be too hard to remove some of those modifications, switch a few things around, and have a third ship out of it that doesn't look too much like its predecessors.

------------------
"And I can't approach myself, skating over this perdition."
--
Soul Coughing

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

looks green to me

I think I mentioned as much in the SWDAO

If it was the real Sydney Class - i.e. scotty's - it'd be much bigger...

I reckon - that the warp field geometry of the ship - i.e. it's shape is a good one...

so maybe it was downsized and then that lead to the idea of the runabout Danube class.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: It has green impulse engines, so it can't be a Sydney? Does that mean the E-C can't be an Ambassador because it has blue impulse engines?

------------------
"I think you people have proven something to the world: that a half a million kids can get together and have three days of fun and music� and have nothing but fun and music."
-Max Yasgur; Woodstock, NY; August, 1969

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Oh, I meant to say, those impulse engines in that pic, look yellow to me!?!

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In and of itself, no. But if the ship had been upside and a bit smaller, I'd have to admit that something was up.

------------------
"And I can't approach myself, skating over this perdition."
--
Soul Coughing

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps