Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Wolf359 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wolf359
Striker
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In an episode of Voyager, I can't remember the name, it's the one where Chacotay(I could never spell his name). But anyway, it's the one where he encounters those rouge borgs and they help heal him through their collective. Anyway, the girl (don't remember her name either) was human and she said she was assimilated at Wolf 359. Now if that cube was ulitmately destoryed, how the heck did she end up in the Delta quad?

------------------
-Striker
kob.diabloii.net

IP: Logged
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that's a good question. Well the queen seems to be able to be everywhere, I guess there's some sort of personal transwarp transporter. Of course, that's just a guess, I'm sure someone can give you a better explanation.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Plays "Spot the New Guy" with his laser eyepiece*
BZZZzzz...

Real answer: writer screw-up, FUBAR as usual.

Trek answer... I'm not sure. possibly they were transwarped back. There's at least one very old thread that dealt with this.

Link to Archive...

Come in, Archive...

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited November 17, 1999).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Lloyd Bridges-mode* "Ted Striker?"

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the episode where Seven goes schitzo (try and spell that right ) one of the people Seven turned into was also assimilated at Wolf 359.

------------------
"Scan that ship Mr. Worf!"
"Aye sir, 600 DPI?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what it says on this one guy's page. I hear he's pretty smart. And a looker!

"Stardate 50614 (2073): The USS Voyager encounters a disabled Borg ship in the Nekrit Expanse, a region in the Delta Quadrant filled with plasma storms and various unknown types of interstellar gas clouds. The ship and the Borg aboard it were offline, but a group
of drones who had been on a nearby planet found themselves free of the Collective�s influence, and their original personalities began to reassert themselves. Among these former drones were several residents of the Alpha Quadrant, including at least one
Starfleet officer present at Wolf 359. It is our conclusion that the Borg sent back a sample of assimilated beings sometime after Wolf 359, possibly through a transwarp conduit. The reasons for such an act are not known, though it is hypothesized that it was an attempt to ensure that some data on the Alpha Quadrant would be preserved even if the Borg invasion of Federation space failed."

(And yes, before people ask, that is part of my collection of Borg stuff. But I am a looker. )

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a good question that I've wondered about for a while too. This is also one of the best explanations I've heard. They could've shot a sphere outta the cube and sent it back to the DQ before the Ent D caught up.

And by the way, the Borg Queen didn't get off the cube, or the Ent E in FC. The queen we saw in Dark Frontier seems to be the same consciousness but it's clearly a similar but different body. That's my theory anyway.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My question would rather be why there are so many human and Klingon and Romulan and other Alpha Quadrant Borg at all, although there should be only a few thousand among Trillions!
$
$
$
$
$
Agreed, Seven was deliberately chosen as representative, everything else would have been an incredible coincidence. However, why do they also encounter the Borg cube obviously filled with Alpha Quadrant races (Unity), then arbitrarily select a Borg cube to negotiate with where a human (Seven) is aboard (Scorpion), accidentally find Seven's ship (Raven) and finally Seven hallucinates about the assimilation of only Alpha Quadrant races (the schizo epsiode)?

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Striker
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Answer(obviously): Most likely writers who don't care too much about this kinda thing. Man, I wish they had a couple of people from this forum on their writing staff, or editorial staff. That would help BIG time. Ah well.

------------------
-Striker
kob.diabloii.net

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did ya all catch the Klingon and Bolian Borgs in the various Borg shows and FC? I did think that looked pretty cool even though it is fairly incredible.

------------------

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there was a Bolian Borg because he was an Engineer on the E-E. They also had a Cardassian Borg. . .
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, that Cardassian drone should probably raise some important questions. We all say we want to see different species assimilated. But when exactly would a Cardassian have the opportunity? The Borg have never attacked Cardassia. That means that the Borg must be actively assimilating ships somewhere out in the Alpha Quadrant. And yet we don't get any indication that this is so. Perhaps the Federation will wake up one day to realize that the Borg have steadily been assimilating every vessel that leaves sensor range?

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

The Borg do seems to be everywhere. It seems that they have frequently made trips to the Alpha quad. There have obviously been encounters with Starfleet and the Klingons that we have yet to hear very much about. On the plus side though, Starfleet seems quite a bit better able to defend themselves at least in space battles seeing as how the Excalibur was apparently attacked and boarded but still survived.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Well, we don't know that the Excalibur put up a fight. It seems possible that the Borg could have just beamed over, grabbed a few people, scanned some databases, and beamed off. There wouldn't be too much the crew could do about it.

------------------
--
Will Rigby

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol is right, the Federation isn't the only AQ power sending ships out on deep space missions. The Cardassians could have been scouting areas outside Cardassian Space for colonization and one of their ships ran into a Borg Sphere. Cardassian technology is something that the Borg could want. And about the Excalibur, anything could have occured. I doubt though that the entire ship was destroyed, since there would be a conflict with the New Frontier novels. Maybe in the near future a NF book would give a non-cannon some info on the Borg encounter.

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps