Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Wolf359 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wolf359
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janeway did meet a Delta Quadrant personality of Seven's - it was a Krenim scientist I think...

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janeway did talk to a Krenim scientist. Didn't a Kazon also show up as well?

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a Kazon crewmember in the 'revised' history in "Living Witness" Season 4

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seven said that the Borg didn't assimilate the Kazon. "They're not WORTHY! They're not WORHTY!!!!!!!" If she did manifest a Kazon personality in "Infinite Regress" (I think that was the name) it was a writing mistake.

Although that line about not assimilating the Kazon always bothered me. Why would they pass up an opportunity to add a few drones to their ranks. Their stupidity wouldn't matter in the collective.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to check "Infinite Regress" again. I don't like the episode too much, but I'm going to write a review anyway. Maybe the Kazon biology was assimilated, but not the technology. I know, bad excuse, but suited for Encyclopedia IV.
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe she ever showed a Kazon personality in "Infinite Regress".

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's entirely possible that the Borg assimilated a single Kazon ship, and that's how they figured out that it wasn't worth the trouble to assimilate any more of them.

------------------
"General Hammond: Request permission to beat the crap out of this man."
-Colonel O'Neill, Stargate: SG-1: "Bane"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, while the Collective has no desire to consume the entire Kazon species, it isn't opposed to grabbing any ship foolish enough to stick around when a cube passes by.

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that line about the Kazon? I was thinking it was Talaxians for some reason. Either way that line always bothered me. It seems inconsistant for the borg to waste potential resources like that.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seven said that the Talaxian musculature made them "excellent drones." But apparently the Talaxians weren't interesting enough for the Borg to decide to assimilate them wholesale.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Seven uttered her usual "your biological and ... has been added to the Collective". At first I shuddered upon the possibility that the whole race could have been assimilated, for some reason I like them, but then she said that it was a single vessel.

I reckon that there are two basic strategies: First, assimilating just enough of a species to get their technology. This is possible by assimilating single ships, for most of the technology is supposed to be found there. Second, assimilating whole civilizations to get their infrastructure, raw material, energy and man power, i.e. drones.

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It makes sense for the Borg to assimilate a few members of each species they encounter to learn about them. I guess when they assimilated some Kazons the Borg figured they wern't worth it.

------------------
Calvin: "I'm a man of few words."
Hobbes: "Maybe if you read more, you'd have a larger vocabulary."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

The species from "Infinite regress":

Seven's personalities as seen or mentioned:
little Girl "Merill" (sp.?) - knows Vulcans, Klingon ("Son of Kavok"), Vulcan, Ta(e)rellian, Ferengi, Bolian, the Melbourne crew member's mother, Tombaugh officer, and, as the only non-Alpha species *drumrolls*, a Krenim scientist. (9 out of 13)

Visions in sickbay (in order of appearance):
human girl, unknown alien, red SF man, Bajoran(?) uniform, unknown alien, blue SF woman, pig-like alien, another Bajoran, another(?) Klingon, yellow SF woman, "ribbed face" alien as seen at DS9, unknown alien, the first Bajoran again, an alien looking like Tosk, Cardassian, from then on the appearances repeat.

Visions during mind-meld:
essentially the same as in the other scene, plus a Romulan, plus another Klingon.

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to go back and re-watch this ep to find out if there is any mention of a rescue of some type

------------------
Alshrim Dax

[This message has been edited by Alshrim Dax (edited November 26, 1999).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll bet Naussican's would make fine drones. A bald naussican, now that's a sight!

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps