Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » LOOK! Ambassador! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LOOK! Ambassador!
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When finally recieving the February 2000 issue of Star Trek: The Magazine, I quickly turned to the section on Digital Muse. There is a nice picture of the Majestic and Sitak exploding from "The Sacrafice of Angels", but there was something that struck me as odd in the right side of the picture. There is a Federation starship, far in the background, turning downward and away from the camera. It looks like an Ambassador! But it also looks like an Excelsior. But the position and size of the nacelles and deflector dish make it look like an Ambassador. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*must....get...February issue...*

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll bet it's not an Ambassador, considering our experience with these situations. But I wouldn't mind seeing the image nonetheless.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking at the image right now, and it's an Excelsior. Way too sleek to be an Ambassador, I think.

I may scan it in later.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really wish I could get The Magazine over here. Oh well, such is life .

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Basill
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is definately an Excelsior design. It is too long, it's navigational deflector is too small, and it is too flat, as if the saucer is only seperated from the secondary hull by that squat neck the excelsior has.
The relatively long visable nacelle also glows blue from front to end just like the new renditions of the excelsior since flashback.

IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need that magazine. It hasn't came out here yet. Can someone scan the pic?

------------------
Calvin: "You don't think humans evolved from monkeys?"
Hobbes: "I sure don't see any difference."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the ship in question. It's tiny, I know, but it's the best I can do...

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited January 13, 2000).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not the part of the image I was thinking of... That one's too small to even wonder what class it is...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing on that pic could be anything from a B-52 Bomber to a 17th-century canon!

------------------
So small,
so innocent,
so young,
so delicately done,
grown up in your poison.

"Little Baby Swastikkka"
-Skunk Anansie

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well those long nacelles make me think its an Excelsior Class.

------------------
"All the lonely people, where do they all come from" - Eleanor Rigby, The Beatles.

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Digital Muse
http://www.dmuse.com/

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool Pic Brown, but what are we looking at here?

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between the nacelle and weapons pod of the Miranda is the ship in question. The deflector dish is visible, therefore the ship is heading somewhat toward the camera, but also still going to the left of the screen. Because of this, the size of the nacelles and everything may be different from what they really are. But at the angle it's turned, it sure looks like an Ambassador to me.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

It's only barely tripped towards the camera. It almost has to be an Excelsior, for reasons gone through every other time we've done this. And besides that this one is so far away, why bother making it an Ambassador?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps