Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » LOOK! Ambassador! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LOOK! Ambassador!
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To prove that they're still in use!

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the FX guys would want to prove something is still in use by taking hours to rebuild a model for which they won't get paid and then toss it in the background, barely noticeable even in stills.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, what is this Miranda ship? My guess is "USS Majestic." Is this its one and only appearance?

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that is the USS Majestic, and the other Miranda is the USS Sitak.

BTW, does anyone notice that the front of the Sitak's nacelles is RED? Like a Bussard Collector? I think I've seen it before on other Mirandas

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it in all the Mirandas as part of that fleet in that six-parter.

------------------
"All the lonely people, where do they all come from" - Eleanor Rigby, The Beatles.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I HAVE checked the episode thrice and when you see the frames in motion you can see the nacelles are a third longer than the saucer, so it is an excelsior.
Shame though, I had really hoped it was an ambassador.

------------------
Somehow we're going somewhere.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not understand how you think you can even tell what part is the sacer and what is the nacelles. For one thing, when a ship is that far away, if part of it is sufficiently in shadow, you won't even be able to see that part. It can make the ship look completely different than normal.

------------------
"The Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich. Samuel Morse invented the Morse Code. Plato invented the plate."
-Holly, Red Dwarf: "Parallel Universe"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which puts visual identification at an impasse and real-life/common-sense information in favour of it being an Excelsior, anyway.
Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just looked at the picture that was posted here and the one in the magazine. The picture here makes it look either a Galaxy Class or an Ambassador Class. The picture on the magazine looks like an Excelsior Class.

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: I told you I checked the scene several times on my video and the ship is clearly visible if you just focus on it.
But I understand your skepticism since that screencap, although of a much higher quality than usual, is two-dimensional. In motion it is entirely different, you can see it's height-width ratio is more like an excelsior than an ambassador.

------------------
Somehow we're going somewhere.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there was no doubt to begin with that it wasn't an Ambassador. But I'll take your word for it that the video shows it to be an Excelsior, as opposed to something completely different.

------------------
"If you attempt to return the device to the store, and you are missing one single peanut, the store personnel will laugh in the chilling manner exhibited by Joseph Stalin just after he enslaved Eastern Europe."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps