Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Eeeuugghh???? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Eeeuugghh????
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it, actually, aside from the odd colours.
Delta Vega
Member # 283

- posted      Profile for Delta Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am compelled to agree with Garek.

------------------
Klingons never do anything small, eh Worf? -Commander Riker,
Star Trek: Insurrection

http://www.huntel.net/massa/StarTrek/index.html

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like just about every Constitution II variant...

------------------
"Yes. I have seventeen brains! And eleven legs. And a pecan."
-Frank Gerratana, March 3, 2000

Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...
If the Challenger was rebuilt like that due to battle damage, why the heck didn't Scotty just put the engines back where they came from, or attach them at the same point on the hull?
Seems like they are currently attached near the bottom, which would require the entire matter/antimatter intermix system to be stripped down and rebuilt, Main Engineering to be relocated, and all sorts of other stuff.
Maybe the battle-damaged ship needed its nacelles repositioning due to warp field stress on the hull, but when you jury-rig a repair you don't do something that means the rest of the ship has to be practically rebuilt!!!
And besides, it would take a lot more resources than the average Federation starship has available to perform this...

However the design is nice, might base a kitbash on it

------------------
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if the repairs will be explained in detail in the book. If it was written by J&G Reeves-Stevens, then we would get all the gory details of rerouting the plasma conduits, and I would probalby disagree with everything they say. But Diane Carey is unlikely to go too deeply into such details.

Perhaps the ship lost her original pylons, but the nacelles survived. Rather than leave them floating around, the engineers decided to bolt them inert onto their now impulse-only ship so that the whole package could be more easily towed to safety by a warp tug?

I'm definitely looking forward to the New Earth books.

Timo Saloniemi

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think maybe those aren't the original nacelles, either.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A response to Timo asking about fandom USS Challengers. The only one I can find was a proposed but never built Archon class.

FASA had a Constitution class USS Challenger, NCC-1715. Commissioned as a Mk II in 2/00 (roughly equiv to ~2257), upgraded to a Mk III in 2/05. upgraded to Enterprise class in 2/17, scrapped in 2/35 (~2300). Replaced by the Excelsior class USS Challenger II, NCC-2023 (close!) in 2/36.

NCC-2032 in FASA is the Excelsior class USS Thunderer II.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Identity crisis: This doesn�t really belong in this forum, but I�ll ask anyway, do you have pics from FASA of the Lotus flower class neutronic fuel carrier and the orion wanderer class blockade runner? The only pics I have are b&w of the Lotus.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Identity Crisis
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I have both. FASA published nearly all their ships with pics in the same format: Black and White, three views.
The Lotus Flower should be in the Ship Schematics Database.
The Orion Wanderer isn't because Jim hasn't included Orions as yet. I don't think I've ever scanned it in myself. I could do so but not until next week. There's a small, poor quality scan at http://izan.simplenet.com/orions.htm

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Identity crisis: Yeah, the Lotus is at ships schematics. I got permission to use it on my page and I have. I had only hoped that the scans were in colour. If you could post the orion so that I can post it on my page, I would be extremely grateful.
BTW: since you are familiar with FASA, recognise this ship? http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412332/star-trek/conunknown1.JPG
I know the quality sucks, but it was the best I could capture. It could be a FASA ship, the two other ships shown in the same scene were the orion and the lotus.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Identity Crisis
Member # 67

As I told you a few weeks ago that looks a little like a Romulan Nova class Battleship. But it could be a Gorn Destroyer. Very hard to tell.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Identity crisis: So you did, sorry, forgot about that...

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps