Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Chekov&Ahwahnee update (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Chekov&Ahwahnee update
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fitz: The shows and movies are canon. That's all. Stuff like the encyclopedia is semi-canon...we assume that everything in it comes from the show, but if there's a contradiction, the show wins. The Fact Files have included erroneous information in the past, so it tends not to be trusted.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"So, anyways, this is the 24th century. Starfleet officers have injections once a month or so so that they don't go getting each other pregnant. How would it be a problem for my character and Joral to be rocking the casbah?" - Fabrux

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Chekov is a springfield-class starship
USS Chekov - NCC 53702

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there a U.S.S. Springfield in a movie?

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fitz, it was in ST6, but that can't be considered the prototype of the Springfield class. Based on her registry, many people have conjectured that the Springfield might be either Miranda or Excelsior class. The Springfield class is based on Galaxy parts and so would not be in ST6.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the same with the Korolev, isn't it? How can the Springfield be an Excelsior vessel with the registry NCC-1936?

Where can I get a clear picture of the Operation Retrieve-plans and the monitor in ST IV?

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited March 21, 2000).]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if not an Excelsior, than maybe a Miranda or even a Soyuz, but the Soyuz wasn't even introduced until a year later on TNG's 5th season.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timo
Is the registry on the USS Chekov NCC-57302?
I think, not completely certain here, that there is a USS Springfield in the episode "Eye of the Beholder".

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, our hopes and/or dreams for a 'starships' book...

-I'd really like to see some beauty shots of each ship examined - not just Doug Drexler's diagrams from the Encycs.

Margret Clark?? Was saying something over at Trekweb re Pocket Books and new ship/station artwork... She never went into detail - but it sounded like a lot of unneccessary counterarguments... If they are serious about such a book - and they want us to BUY it they have to impress us... If they can make delicious artwork like the E-A/E-D over the blue planet (A History in Pictures), The DS9 station/runabout and E-D with shuttle (for calendars/the making of DS9) and several beauty shots of the E-D in nebulas and such for diaries and calendars - they can do it for the other ships. She said that they needed the 'models' - crap - I reckon by the end of DS9 it was 100% CGI wasn't it... and the ships looked great! And they would be all saved in the Foundation's Computers. PLUS any physical model can be 'scanned' into computers - MUCH more easily than making CGI models from scratch. That covers all the ships...
I don't reckon the problem is models etc. its the red tape.

Andrew

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just received a reply from Okuda. He doesn't want any graphics related to the picture to be made or spread. And I agree with Aban and Andrew that pestering or ignoring him on this won't do good to anybody. It simply isn't worth it to "grab what we got and run", since Mike has so much to give to Trek fans (in books and other forums, even if he won't indulge us directly) and might not like being inconvenienced by what he has done already.

So please do not place any graphics on websites, or even spread news of the picture beyond this forum, no matter how unlikely it would be for Paramount or Pocket Books to go hunting for Mike's head if a "leaked" picture was spotted. The odds of that are not our problem, but they are Mike's.

All that said, Bernd is a mean artist And in fact the only thing he has trouble with as an artist is some red lines on ramps - the rest is 99% perfect! (It is a NO hull after all, just with a few extra windows - sorry about that.)

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps