Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Does anyone know... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Does anyone know...
Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know where I can find a decent scan of the Dauntless MSD from the Encyclopedia 3? I've been trying to find one for a week now! You guys are my only hope!
Thanks

------------------

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, there is a full two-page MSD in the book 'Star Trek: Action!" but when I scanned it, I didn't want to bend the book, or pull out the bindings so it is pretty crappy. And besides that, I think I deleted it.

------------------
"Gotta think of a new siggy."--Kyle Batson

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I e-mailed you a scan from the Encyclopedia. It isn't the best, but, hey, it might work for you.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Encyclopedia 3.0 CD has it, I'm not sure. But if it does maybe I can get a screen cap of it.

------------------
"Tigers are mean! Tigers are fierce! Tigers have teeth and claws that pierce!"
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server, sucks don't it?

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I was able to get a nice large (1000 pixel width) MSD of the Dauntless off the CD. If you give me your email address I can send it to you.

------------------
"Tigers are mean! Tigers are fierce! Tigers have teeth and claws that pierce!"
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server, sucks don't it?

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited March 28, 2000).]

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this, it isn�t big though, only 400x: http://w1.314.telia.com/~u31412331/old1/dauntless.jpg

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From this view it sure looks like the Delta Flyer's mother!

------------------
-At least I can get it up without biomechanical pumps.
-Try falling into a pit of lava, Moffy. Then see how horny you feel.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't that Tom Paris?

Andrew

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did he say that? I've only seen up to "Survival Instinct". Voyager 6.2 is due this week, I think.

No, I meant it. The sloping "ears" of the Dauntie saucer-section (if you can call it saucer) looks like the Delta's side-blades, with the nacelles in'em.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited March 28, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim? Did TOM say that? Well I don't know but he did help in building it...

You must be in the UK? Australia got 6.2 back on the 15th I think...

Andrew - eagerly awaiting 6.3 on - supposedly the 6th.

------------------
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Nim
Member # 205

Aah, you meant Tom Paris IS the mother. I thought you meant Paris said "that looks like the Delta Flyer's mother" when looking at some spacecraft in an episode I haven't seen. Aah, the waste of misunderstanding!

I'm from Sweden, we get them one week after the UK.
I have also calculated that a tape of Trek costs 220 crowns here, that's about 26$, 16� or 41 aussie-$. If I go to the cinema a standard 2h-movie costs 80 crowns at most, or 9$, 6�, or 15 aussie-$. That makes trek-eps seem pretty expensive, don't it?

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Yeah... BUT! When TNG used to be at least 2 years ahead in the UK with their videos - and there were NO videos here - I used to stare at the $60 videos in the music store... never bought them of course... they were discusting - but seeing as it was so hard to get new episodes I guess people would pay.

Andrew

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

How is that a BUT? It's yet another example of veery costly tapes bought by veery desperate fans.

------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the EIII today. And how nice, many errors, e.g. the rank pins (Star Trek II-VI) on p. 210 are incorrect, aren't they? And on p. 208 the Antares-Insignia, wasn't there another in the episode? U.S.S. Carolina with NCC-160 in the shiplist, but on p. 66 there's a pic with NCC-235. The same thing with the Thunderchild: in the text NCC-63549 on the pic NCC-65549. Then U.S.S. Zhukov NCC-62136 (too high number, why didn't they use NCC-26136). I was very disappointed, when I saw that episodes of the 7th DS9-and the 5th VOY-series weren't included.

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many eps per tape?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps