Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ejectable bridges and the newest ST: Magazine issue (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ejectable bridges and the newest ST: Magazine issue
Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If TY means "to you", then thanks Cartman.
I was in the EXACT same position as you, and then I joined. This place is just THAT cool!

BTW, how old are you?
BTW, how old is everybody HERE?

------------------
It is offensive. Fortunately, taste is irrelevant.
-Seven of Nine

Cartman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TY means "Thank You".

And yes, this place is cool, I wish I joined months ago.

and I'm all of 16
------------------
Respect My Authoritha!

[This message has been edited by Cartman (edited June 20, 2000).]

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I know the point has been clarified but... heh:

Yes, the bridge ejection modules aren't for actually escaping using the bridge, but rather swapping bridges in say spacedock. A good example is the difference between the E-A's bridges from Star Trek: IV to Star Trek: V and then to Star Trek VI.

Also, why the Yamato and the Enterprise can have identical bridges but then the Odyssey doesn't.

Where EXACTLY on a Vor'cha is the bridge though... I'm picturing a less 'dirty' bridge than the BOP's or the larger flag ship - whatits name...

------------------
"chocolate cherries allamanda" - Datura, Tori Amos

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be the Negh'var (sp), the ship the late Gowron used to attack DS9 in "Way of the Warrior." And what's wrong with using the bridge as a possible way to escape? The Klingon reason I can understand, but the rest...

The current ST: The Magazine shows diagrams of the DS9 Prommenade, not the actual set. But the diagrams are different from the ones in the DS9 Tech Manual.

------------------
Cigar Girl- "Would you like to check my figures?"

James Bond- "I'm sure that they are very well rounded..."

The World is Not Enough

spyone
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FWIW, the Galor Class alledgedly is the same shape as a critter called the Galor which is what the Cardassian symbol is in the shape of. All too convenient for me, but that's what they say.

------------------
You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the idea of the Galor class ships being based on an animal design IS similar to the Romulan way...

Also, speaking of that detachable cardassian 'bridge' I think its the DS9 Tech manual that mentions that the half circle part at the front actually can detach like a saucer on a Federation starship.

Andrew

------------------
"chocolate cherries allamanda" - Datura, Tori Amos

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cartman -

Because a ship is a prototype doesn't make it the first one... It would make sense to use an experimental spaceframe that has probably been cut aprt and re-gammawelded to switch out defective components, etc...

Starfleet/Federation is kinda centered around their appearances... I feel that they'd want a totally new ship, freshly out of the construction pod to represent the latest in Starfleet ship design.

*phew*...I've lost my edge...took me five minutes to put together those paragraphs! I miss my home internet... ;..(

------------------
My Stuff!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps