Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Kitbashed ships in "Time to Stand" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Kitbashed ships in "Time to Stand"
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Rigel class was (almost certainly) never a model. It was the class assigned to the USS Tolstoy, which came from the dialogue in TBoBW which was changed from the actual names that were put on the model. It was reported for a very long time than Okuda had displayed a picture of a ship like the one you have pictured there which was the Rigel. Chances are, given the latest evidence, that the model was actually the Niagara, which looks different than that, but has about the same shape.

------------------
"I'm sick of you little girl and boy groups: all you do is annoy me, so I have been sent here to destroy you..."
-Eminem, "The Real Slim Shady"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm pretty glad that the Intrepid Prototype wasn't used. With some tweaks, it could be an interesting smaller ship, but I wouldn't have liked it as Voyager.

The Yeager is most definately a kitbash of Monogram's Voyager model and their Maquis Raider model (the ones that were sold separately, not the ones that were scaled to each other). I looked at mine together and they fit just right to make the Yeager.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original USS Voyager prototype was lower because the producers at the time found out that there were no ships in the 73xxx range. But Rick Berman decided on 74656 for Voyager's registry. And of course Rick Sternbach likes to use unused ships he created so most likely he used the prototype to create the Prometheus.
This would explain why many of the things he drew that were never used ended up onscreen in a modified version.

------------------
Personal Ad # 74913

-I'm an 18 year old Filipino student in the Los Angeles area looking for a steady boyfriend to compensate for very healthy sexual appetite. Must be white, blond, and have blue eyes.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some old magazines reporting on the development of Voyager... from 1994... anyway Originally The Voyager was supposed to be an older ship that made its mettle in the Federation/Cardassian Wars back before TNG started... Voyager wasn't going to be a new spick and span ship... supposedly the Captain was supposed to a sort of hero in that war for doing some valiant effort... which if you think about was eventually encorporated into Janeway's background - I can't remember which episode but she was talking to Harry Kim about it.

Andrew

------------------
"chocolate cherries allamanda" - Datura, Tori Amos

Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the episode was "Prey", the one where the Hirogen are hunting a Species 8472.
Janeway was talking to Seven, not Harry, about the importance of compassion and she told Seven a story about how when she was a lieutenant, she helped a wounded Cardassian soldier even though they were at war with them. I guess this proves that Janeway fought in the Cardassian/Federation war....

------------------
"Impossible is a word humans use far too often."
-Seven of Nine

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, "Mosaic" (it's non-canon, but...) confirms that, too.

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering, I've only ever seen screen caps from the opening scene to A Time To Stand with a big "43" watermark in the bottom right hand corner... and they Vid caps are pretty... unclear... can anyone out there do some lovely vid caps of this scene please!?!

Andrew

------------------
"chocolate cherries allamanda" - Datura, Tori Amos

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps