Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Unknown Excelsior (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Unknown Excelsior
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ship is the USS Fredrickson NCC-42111.
I believe that for this case, and other cases, many people would like to find a new ship and believe fervently in their discoveries. I don't know why this is so; however, the issue exists. (Yes, I do, or did, share in this issue. Now, the only ships I have a fervent belief in are two Oberth Class ships, USS Cochrane NCC-8000 and USS Valiant NCC-20000. My reasons are known by those who visit this forum.)

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought we had this topic a long time ago. Any way I think it is 4201 but it is still quite hard to tell.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In which episode does this Cochrane appear?

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Cochrane NCC-8000 is initially in the episode "The Drumhead". Later, there is stock footage of this starship in "The Game" and "A Fistful of Datas".

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just noticed something and I apolgise if this has alrady been mentioned but in the first episode of the sixth season in ds9 (cannot remember the name) there is a scene near the start with an excelsior class starship being towed. This ship has a registry ncc-4021 the same registry no for the ship at utopia planitia. What does everyone else think about this?

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The registry on that ship is NCC-42111, the USS Frederickson.

------------------
"Huh. An intelligent guard. I never would have guessed."
-Preed, Titan A.E.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux is right. The Encyc. confirms it. There is an entry for USS Fredrickson NCC-42111. It's named for some guy on the production staff.

------------------
Teddy Roosevelt: "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Yosemite Sam: "Well, I speak loudly and I carry a bigger stick...and I use it too!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nx001a: That's what we're discussing here. The reason some of us are so sure the ship at UP was the 42111 is precisely because we know there was a model labelled that way (the one you saw in "A Time to Stand").

------------------
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd call you up in hell."
-Ozzy Osbourne, "Tomorrow"

Cammodude
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Testing

------------------
"If I knew you were coming I would have baked a cake...learned to sing....stop me Gage!"
--Aurther
The Journeyman Project 3

For a good selection of pay-to-surf web sites go to <a href="www.refercentral.com/cammodude"> www.refercentral.com/cammodude </A>

IP: Logged
Cammodude
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
testing 1....2...

------------------
"If I knew you were coming I would have baked a cake...learned to sing....stop me Gage!"
--Aurther
The Journeyman Project 3

For a good selection of pay-to-surf web sites go to www.refercentral.com/cammodude

IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Testing what?

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think his/her signature...

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps