Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » What is this? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is this?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK I found this elsewhere on the web - it says it is from Insurrection - it is definately not Data and the Admiral's ship.

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's from a game and was created by the art guys producing the game. It was never in any movie and I don't know what that line means about it being in Insurrection. Most likely a typo. They meant the title of the game more likely than not.

Actually, after i re-read it, it says that the Valkyrie 1 appeared in Insurrection. Maybe the Valkyrie 1 is supposed to be the scout ship that Data stole.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited August 01, 2000).]

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was an article about the game in a recent issue of the ST Magazine. They said that they used Data's scout ship as a starting point for the design of the Valkyrie fighters. I think that this got rather garbled by whomever wrote the above copy.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That thing looks pretty sweet...

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, just because some moron screwed it up, it shouldn't go against the designers because that is definately a well designed ship.

--------------------

Quantum Threshold--Redesigned!
Avalon Sector--Redesigned!

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should see the buzzards on the bottom. I saw some very nice pics of those in the ST Magazine. Very nice design.

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Venture (Armada) to Valkyrie. I guess this is suppose to be the Valkyrie-II. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few people now insists that the scout ship is Valkyrie-class.

I'm reminded of Cargile's Banzai-class fighter, anyone remember that? It's a pretty cool design. BTW, what happened to him anyway?

------------------
Thornbird: "I'm Major Robert Thornbird. And you are?"
O'Neill: "Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise."
This post sponsered in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's at Sci-Fi Art, at least what will be left of it...

Anyway, I thought about Paul's ship the second I saw this beauty.

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell is a Kam'Jahtae?

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

kiltedbear
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for kiltedbear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the most recent issue of ST: The Magazine there is an article about this ship and where it comes from: The Valkyrie was designed for the upcoming PlayStation game ST:Invasion. In this game, you are the pilot of one of these fighters. based on a starship named the USS Typhon. The Typhon is a prototype for a new class of starship that serve as dedicated fighter carriers, something IMHO that Starfleet has needed for years.A contemporary of the USS Defiant, the Typhon is designed to go into a fight, take a licking and keep on ticking. It has a "fortress mode" it engages when it goes into battle.

The game designers adopted elements of the scoutship, shuttlecraft and captain's yacht from INSURRECTION when designing the Valkyrie fighter. Personally I think it would be a great replacement for Starfleet's aging fleet of Peregrine fighters.

------------------
I do what the voices in my head tell me to do

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it also launch VeriTechs from two battleships glued on as arms?

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but it CAN be easily hijacked for enslaving the human race by an artificially intelligent pop star.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty cool design. If the blurs on that 'wing' are supposed to represent a registry, it's a very odd one...

------------------
Advertisement in the United Federation NewsPADD, SD 53675:

"Now for sale at your local dealer: Antares class vessels, as good as new! They can shapeshift! Everybody in the galaxy has one! Now for only $800!"

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? This registry?
registry

Looks like NX-??117 to me. I would guess 85 for the ??.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the design, but I read NCC-25117

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps