Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » What is this? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is this?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What an interesting insignia on that ship... Looks like the Pilot - Auxiliary craft insignia from Starfleet Dynamics to me

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like 25117 to me, also. Not that it makes any difference, anyway. :-)

------------------
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then, suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
-Matt Groening

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell is a Kam'Jahtae?

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

spyone
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a new hostile alien race introduced for the game.

------------------
You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Descendants from the ancient ancestors of Naut'Zoe-Fahnee.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cargile

A family member. Why, I simply must meet the man who shares my last name. Since all Cargill/Cargiles descend from Donald Cargill in the United States, that makes him a relation to me.

Anyways, the thing looks like a Delta Flyer sans any Borg technology molded into the Cardassian Union insignia.

quote:
You're a Starfleet Officer. "Weird" is part of the job.

I remember that quote from Non Sequitor. Though, to be more appropriate, it would have to say:

"You're under the thumb of a group of finicky script writers, so don't try to draw any continuiality out of it, Mr. Kim."

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

[This message has been edited by SCSImperium (edited August 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by SCSImperium (edited August 15, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone think that this is the first non-canon ship that is good enough and true to the starfleet style enough to become honourary cano?

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The design is cool and I'd like to see it canonized. But it is certainly not the first non-canon ship which deserves to be canonized.

------------------

ALPHA CENTAURI

Human Class - Starfleet registry NCC-75715
Launched stardate 8311.23 - Parental Biology Yards
United Federation of Planets

"A dedication motto? What about it?" - Alpha Centauri

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the Typhon, the carrier ships for these fighters. A little different, but interesting...

------------------
"Weirdness doesn't frighten me. Ten-foot-tall purple wombats with shaving-cream-covered broadswords singing 'Kumbayah'... Now, that scares me..."
-Tim Nix

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there some place in the net where i find more pictures of the fighter? I'm currently trying to build a model of, but haven't found enough picture yet!

BTW, i've read in a german Playstation-Magazine the Hur'q (or so) will return in this game (mentioned in DS9 "Sword of Kahless"). If i'll find the magazine i can try to translate the story, as far as i know the story sounded very good.

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

[This message has been edited by Nemesis (edited August 25, 2000).]

chrono
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you like the fighter at the top. It took awhile to get the scanner to get it right.

As for the carrier, I don't like the design it too NON-StarFleet for me.

Chrono

------------------
Digital Socery
-the realites BEYOND-

IP: Logged
Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't agree with you guys more, this fighter is awesome, so much more simplistic and agile looking than the previous fighters we've seen onscreen. It reminds me of the little Bajoran fighter seen in "The Maquis" TNG, if I'm not mistaken...I had the Micro Machine of it a couple years ago.

Anyway, has anyone seen any schematics, like a nice three-view, of this fighter yet? I'm thinking of adding a fighters page onto my site, and this would be a great way to start things off.

I've seen the Magazine article on the ship, but the images were tiny and would be impossible to present as schematics. The images in the magazine HAVE to be out there somewhere, but a web searched turned up nada.

If anyone finds anything on this fighter, email me, please! [email protected]

Thanks,

Lance http://thetrekker.homestead.com

:-)

------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://thetrekker.homestead.com

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree it looks like it could do some real damage. Not exactly the peaceloving side of SF.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's pretty but the "intakes" on the back of it looks like it's for atmospheric flight. It seems the trend goes for evolutionizing away nacelles.
I'd like to see more of the Insurrection-scout, the Talon-class? That's canonized and should replace the Danube in all heavy-runabout areas.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps