Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Deneva class (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Deneva class
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any large screencaps of the U.S.S. Arcos from "Legacy," which is supposedly a Deneva class starship? The 'cap I've seen of it is only about one inch square, and yes, I know it was very small in the shot so I'm probably asking for the impossible.

...or at least highly improbable.

------------------
Bart: "Hey, Dad, I'll trade you this delicious doorstop for that crummy old danish."
Homer: "Done and done...D'oh!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well, the ASDB is designing our own Deneva, so nyah!

------------------
"The kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you; not in a building of stone or wood. Split a piece of wood, and I will be there. Lift a stone, and you will find me."
-The Gospel of Jesus, Stigmata

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next thing you know, they're going to be designing their own Galaxy or Constitution class... :-)

------------------
"Me, Grimlock, not 'nice dino'! Me, Grimlock, bash brains!"
-Grimlock, Transformers: The Movie

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would we do that?

------------------
"The kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you; not in a building of stone or wood. Split a piece of wood, and I will be there. Lift a stone, and you will find me."

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(thinks he should have added in his original post that he really, really likes ASDB...)

------------------
Bart: "Hey, Dad, I'll trade you this delicious doorstop for that crummy old danish."
Homer: "Done and done...D'oh!"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because you're designing new versions of ships we've already seen?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Antagonist Class Badly-Armored Poorly-Equipped Crappy-Fire Support Tug. To search out new armor and batteries. Because, well, we don't have a warp-core. That is my flagship, BTW." - Antag

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Precisely.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

One ship. The Deneva. And we saw it for a split section. It could've been anything from a Glaaxy saucer to a piece of chicken.

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmm...split-second chicken

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Grapeape
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious, could anyone please post the vidcap we DO have from the episode? Even though it probably looks like nothing, really...........
IP: Logged
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

You can see it at http://neutralzone.future.easyspace.com/indexfr.htm

On the Federation page, under Deneva class.
[This message has been edited by Dukhat (edited August 13, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dukhat (edited August 13, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Or someone could post it. Like this... :-)

Image courtesy of that site in Dukhat's post. :-)

------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. THAT'S nice & unintelligible...

That could be anything from a Galaxy to an Excelsior to one of Masao's Furious-class ships.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

That's what I say. And yet they still criticize us for designing the Deneva

------------------
"We have HTML and images in sigs disabled here. Don't try it. If you do, I'll shove the image up your ass, then ban you. Have a nice day. :)"
-Charles Capps, August 13, 2000

ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe...

Well, for what it's worth:

http://asdb2.homestead.com/Deneva.html

That's the as-yet-unlinked-to-main-page Deneva Class page of the ASDB. (on my mirror)

Here's the completed side view:

You can see a bigger image if you click on that thumb at the page.

The only thing I can see that might not match the spaghetti stain of a screencap is that the ship looks "flatter" than the ASDB design. Honestly, I'd still rather go with ours; we've discussed the capabilities & this design seems to make the most sense...

Or, as an alternative, guys, I could whip up orthographic schematics of a glob of Play-doh - then we'd be faithful to canon...

~ Jason :-)

------------------
STAR TREK: BEYOND - http://stbeyond.homestead.com

Get ready for a dual-ship series dealing with multiple timelines.... *grins*

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps